Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't know who the father is..

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
  • 61 Replies
Please do not judge or make fun of me..believe me, I never in a million years wanted or thought this would happen to me and It tears me apart to even think about it but I need some advice..while living in NE in September I basically had a one night stand with a gentleman I'll call "Cowboy". Shortly before (around a week or two) that I came back home to SD for a visit and ended up hooking up with an ex who shall be named "trek-ey". So needless to say I came back to NE and x amount of time later I found out that I would be expecting a baby around June 9th! I was ecstatic but then quickly shot down with disappointment when I came upon this dilema. When I told cowboy he said that was impossible because he had just had a vasectomy(?) Like a month or two prior to our meeting..so then I told trek-ey and he was happy..shocked but happy. So anyway all of these questions came about and long story short he and I both have doubts about the paternity..he says that no matter what he will be there for us and it takes more than DNA to be a father. On one hand I couldn't have asked for anything better than that response but the whole thing is honestly stressing me out..and rightfully so. I don't know if I should believe cowboy b/c that kind of procedure is not 100% effective (I wouldn't think) and he also stated that he did a test and he's shooting blanks...and now trek-ey says he'll be there but he won't sign the certificate until he knows for sure..I'm kind of with him on that buuut I also feel that if he doesn't want to sign it then I need to move on..am I making a big deal? Who should I believe is the father?? Ugh I hate myself for putting myself in this position..any advice would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nancym3
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a DNA test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caiterlin
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I first had relations with trek-ey then cowboy..sorry..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumn_sunset
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Quoting nancym3:

Get a DNA test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caiterlin
That's the end result but I want to put it to rest in my mind who it is before we do the test..

Quoting nancym3:

Get a DNA test.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
Get the dna and go from there....my ex tried saying that he was shooting blanks but dna proved otherwise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this
You won't until you get the dna test

Quoting caiterlin:

That's the end result but I want to put it to rest in my mind who it is before we do the test..

Quoting nancym3:

Get a DNA test.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM
It could be either. Honestly, a DNA test would be the end to all wondering.

Quoting caiterlin:

Quoting nancym3:

Get a DNA test.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toadstoolmama
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I wouldn't hold it against trek-ey for not wanting to sign the birth certificate. Get a paternity test once the baby is born. It is the easiest way to go about it. Why would cowboy have a vasectomy? Does he already have kids? It would be fishy if he's a single dude.

kagdwg09
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Just get a DNA test! It will ease ur mind

sam12796
by Sandy on May. 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM
3 moms liked this
He is right not to sign until he knows. You have a good man who wants to stick by you. Get a DNA test done and go from there. Why give up on a possible great thing on a fear?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)