Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you get 5 star quality paying 3 star prices?

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 3:46 PM
  • 2 Replies

My husband thinks so. Yesterday we purchased a new washer and dryer. They were $1000 for the set, so not super cheap, not really expensive either. We had looked online at different brands/types, and didnt decide on any particular set. Going in our local appliance store, and looking first hand, talking with the sales guy, made a choice. Well, we got home, he looked up reviews for the set we got, and it was kind of split, some really good, some really bad. I told him not to worry, we get it, if we dont like it, for whatever reason, we exchange them. We have a 90 day warranty, we can use it. He was online forever getting more and more stressed. I showed him, if he wanted a 5 star rated( with over 200 reviews) we would jump into the 700-800 price range. He is convinced, we can get something so much better for little more than we paid for this set. And we havnt even got it yet! It may run perfectly for years. He is driving me crazy. I know, why didnt you look at the reviews before, we did, for many sets, and it gets overwhelming, at some point you have to go, look, and decide. I hope we get it and it isnt a piece of shit, ill never hear the end of it, and shopping will never be the same again!

by on May. 29, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I think in that price range you are probably fine with the quality of the machines.

shortycmlb
by on May. 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM

You're probably fine :) 
I paid $700 for both of mine, they were originally $1900 for the pair, but with sale and coupons I got it down so far DH shit his pants when he saw the total :P I spent the money we saved on clothes for our family of four for the next 2 years LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN