Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Legal Help? ** EDIT** Pics ADDed ** UPDATE**

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM
  • 136 Replies

OK we live in an apartment complex in VA , and we had housing inspections today. They said because I didn't vacuum and mop we were going to be evicted? Is this even possible, I mean I'm going to the main manager tomorrow. If they take me to court I have pictures to prove our house was not filthy. Can they do this to us?

** UPDATE Ok so we got a notice last week saying there was trash on our patio that needed to be taken out. Which i had forgotten about since my husband usally takes it, and since he's military and had be gone i forgot. The day i got the notice i took the trash to the dump. Well then on the 25th i got a notice saying I'd have house inspections. Today she came into my house and the first thing she asked me was if i owned a vacuum. My daughter had just eaten lunch and had dropped a few pieces of food on the floor. Since i didn't know what time they were coming i didn't have time. Well after she said that she went into the kitchen and told me i needed to mop. I told her i just threw our mop away to get a new one and she informed me i could get on my hands and knees and mop ( oh and pregnant high risk at that). She didn't look at much of the house, but informed me that she works full time and is a single mother and her house looked better then mine and I don't do anything. Which is funny since I have been working full time until the doctor said i shouldn't. She informed me that she'll be starting the eviction process. 

I'll post pictures soon.

the boxes in the corner are for my husband to take to the storage.

** UPDATE**

I'm so glad i called Navy housing after they did all of this. Navy housing called the office, and asked for the pictures. My apartments could not provide them, so the navy is coming to look at our house on Tuesday.. I'm not even worried because since these pictures were taken i've rented a steam cleaner and it's not longer an issue if there ever was one. Also the Navy housing office told me not to really worry about it. Well I did talk to the manager about the lady that gave me the inspection and how rude she was. The manager apologized and then told me if the navy says its clean then they will back off because they don't want any trouble , and we have always been good renters. I just found it odd that the very lady that told me in person that she had pictures of my home all the sudden can't find them.

by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM
WTH would you have housing inspections? Rented at four places in VA and I've never heard if that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM

no clue, there's not enough info here to even guess, sorry

thorntonwife
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Idk why we have them, but i'm fighting this result.

turtle07
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Huh?!?! That doesn't make any sense
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom21
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Why didn't you just vacuum and mop before they showed up? Unless there is something about the inspections and eviction in your lease I wouldn't think it would matter. Though I have no real knowledge of what they could do legally. Just guessing.....

StrongerAlone
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Are you on housing assistance? Bc here, they do home inspections on their renters and will evict you if you're not maintaining the property.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktwister
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Are you on rent assistance? I know inspections are common with section 8 housing that's why I'm asking. If so, do they rent to people who aren't? If so and your place wasn't horrible, sounds like they are pushing you out because of that. Anyways, I couldn't see a Judge granting an eviction over a something so small.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thorntonwife
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM

no to the renter's assistance, and our rent is never late because it's on alotment. I'm shocked honestly.

wodntulk2kno1
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Why do you have inspections?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thorntonwife
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I know  I hate that they can come in any time they want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN