Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Legal Help? ** EDIT** Pics ADDed ** UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

OK we live in an apartment complex in VA , and we had housing inspections today. They said because I didn't vacuum and mop we were going to be evicted? Is this even possible, I mean I'm going to the main manager tomorrow. If they take me to court I have pictures to prove our house was not filthy. Can they do this to us?

** UPDATE Ok so we got a notice last week saying there was trash on our patio that needed to be taken out. Which i had forgotten about since my husband usally takes it, and since he's military and had be gone i forgot. The day i got the notice i took the trash to the dump. Well then on the 25th i got a notice saying I'd have house inspections. Today she came into my house and the first thing she asked me was if i owned a vacuum. My daughter had just eaten lunch and had dropped a few pieces of food on the floor. Since i didn't know what time they were coming i didn't have time. Well after she said that she went into the kitchen and told me i needed to mop. I told her i just threw our mop away to get a new one and she informed me i could get on my hands and knees and mop ( oh and pregnant high risk at that). She didn't look at much of the house, but informed me that she works full time and is a single mother and her house looked better then mine and I don't do anything. Which is funny since I have been working full time until the doctor said i shouldn't. She informed me that she'll be starting the eviction process. 

I'll post pictures soon.

the boxes in the corner are for my husband to take to the storage.

** UPDATE**

I'm so glad i called Navy housing after they did all of this. Navy housing called the office, and asked for the pictures. My apartments could not provide them, so the navy is coming to look at our house on Tuesday.. I'm not even worried because since these pictures were taken i've rented a steam cleaner and it's not longer an issue if there ever was one. Also the Navy housing office told me not to really worry about it. Well I did talk to the manager about the lady that gave me the inspection and how rude she was. The manager apologized and then told me if the navy says its clean then they will back off because they don't want any trouble , and we have always been good renters. I just found it odd that the very lady that told me in person that she had pictures of my home all the sudden can't find them.

by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
thorntonwife
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM

it's the boxes i know it made it look cluttered, but i didn't know they could evict for cluttered spaces.

Cchancey10
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Are housing inspections even legal? The only thing I have ever heard of is a walk thru inspection before moving in and when moving out to check for damages. I have never heard of some one getting to come into your house to see if it's dirty. That's b.s.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thorntonwife
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Supposedly it's in our lease i'm about to reread all over our lease again.

LilGina
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM

its probably low income housing they want to make sure your not taring the place up.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

WTH would you have housing inspections? Rented at four places in VA and I've never heard if that.

ShannieP
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Doesn't make sense with the details given
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thorntonwife
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM

it's all the details i was given. I won't know anymore until I talk to the main manager tomorrow.

Quoting ShannieP:

Doesn't make sense with the details given

Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Looks like a normal lived in home

thorntonwife
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM

We've only been here 5 months, and we have a 14 month old not exactly easy to keep it spotless :D these people are crazy

Quoting Mel0dy:

Looks like a normal lived in home

wodntulk2kno1
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Community housing or based on your income housing? Most income based housing does have inspections. A landlord can not just enter your house just because without notice, unless of course an emergency situation. Most leases state that you keep the place clean and free of trash. It sounds like your not saying something and its low income housing where yes you need to allow them to come in on an annual basis to inspected your place and from there you either get another chance to correct what they have found or you have already failed once and now you failed again and they are going through with the eviction process for not passing this inspection. If this is the case your basically at their mercy and probably dont have any other option but to beg and pled and show them you are willing to correct what they have found to keep a roof over you and your children head.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:48 PM

WOW! Bump for update!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)