Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i give up....yall help me*****update for those who wanted it*****

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 29 Replies
I am 15 weeks pregnant. I have a doctors appt tomorrow at 910am.

But.....

I feel like the doctor doesn't understand what I am saying.

So let me try to explain to you, and you can tell me what you think.

My stomach hurts. All the time. If I eat or don't, it hurts. If I drink something or don't, it hurts.

The spot that hurts is right under my sterum. Not in my abdomen. When I press on the spot, it is rock hard. It has no give at all and feels like it is ripping my skin in half.

I have taken two different kinds of ant acid....neither help. I have been throwing up a lot with this pregnancy, but it doesn't throw up hurt.

It feels like somebody took my stomach out, tied it in knots, then put it back inside of me.

I don't have heartburn. I know what heartburn feels.like and it is not this.

Also, I have a stabbing pain in my pelvis on the left side. It comes and goes but happens consistently throughout the day/night. Nothing helps it.

So mamas, any ideas as to what is going on?

********update*******
So, talked to the doctor this am about my stomach hurting so bad.

She is doing blood work to figure out if my liver and pancreas(sp?) Are functioning properly.

My gallbladder is fine according to the tests.

Baby gave us a scare and decided to hide out. We couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler (which we had been doing since 13 weeks). I was super scared. But after a quick ultrasound, baby is fine. 149 beats per minute.....just hiding. Apparently already the practical joker. I felt a huge relief at seeing the bean happy and moving around.

The doctor told me to keep taking the antacid. And to drink two sodas a day (one in the am and one in the pm) to see if that doesn't help too. I have to keep drinking all the regular stuff too.

I am down another 3 lbs....so that was kinda a bummer but at least it wasn't as much as I thought.

I go back on June 15 for the big ultrasound.

Tomorrow or Friday I should have the blood test results. They put a rush on them.

Hopefully my stomach will feel better soon and bean will continue to grow according to plan!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherry132
by Sherry on May. 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea what is going on, but I do suggest you get another opinion. Has your doctor felt this hardened area? I know with both my daughters I puked a lot through the entire pregnancy, but I have never experienced what you are describing. 

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM
No. But she keeps telling me its normal.

But I have called about it so much. She is having me come in tomorrow to look at it.

I literally curl up in a ball and cry after eating my stomach hurts so bad.

Quoting sherry132:

I have no idea what is going on, but I do suggest you get another opinion. Has your doctor felt this hardened area? I know with both my daughters I puked a lot through the entire pregnancy, but I have never experienced what you are describing. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Sherry on May. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Well, see what she says in the morning. That really doesn't sound normal, but I don't know every single symptom every woman has gone through. Hugs, I hope she has some answers that help. 

Quoting happymommy1105:

No. But she keeps telling me its normal.

But I have called about it so much. She is having me come in tomorrow to look at it.

I literally curl up in a ball and cry after eating my stomach hurts so bad.

Quoting sherry132:

BekkieBoodle
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM
My tummy feels the same way :( nothing I can do to make it feel better.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Pelvic pain is normal (ligament pain).
Chest/top of tummy area pain is not. Get a second opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Are you preggo?

What does your doctor say?

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BekkieBoodle
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Yes.... I'm still waiting to go to the Dr. But I'm deff. gonna be asking.....

Quoting happymommy1105:

Are you preggo?

What does your doctor say?

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Maybe a hernia from all the puking? Gallbladder? I agree with a pp.. the pelvic pain is normal.. the hardness under the sternum not so much. If she doesn't help or take you seriously tomorrow, get a second opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shanmc329
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I had massive pain in my lower left side at the beginning of this pregnancy, but at 9 weeks it was found to be 2 8cm cysts on my ovary and the stretching of the uterus caused my pain. If you ever had a history of cysts that could be it. As for the pain that sounds like your chest, I would consult a normal family doctor as it could be unrelated to a pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM
My regular doctor won't see me cause I am pregnant.

Quoting shanmc329:

I had massive pain in my lower left side at the beginning of this pregnancy, but at 9 weeks it was found to be 2 8cm cysts on my ovary and the stretching of the uterus caused my pain. If you ever had a history of cysts that could be it. As for the pain that sounds like your chest, I would consult a normal family doctor as it could be unrelated to a pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)