Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

50 shades of grey

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM
  • 51 Replies
So.. I finally decided to read it. Mostly because people have been ranting and raving over these damn books. I had to check it out and see if they were amazing like everyone said :)

Personally, I don't think so. I don't think it was worth the $9.99 for me to buy it on my kindle. I've read books that are way better, written better and have hotter sex scenes for free! I feel like the author is substuting big words to make herself/himself (idk the authors gender) look smarter

Seriously, how much can 2 people freaking murmur on one page?!

So do you love It or hate it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandiii04
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Loved all of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRiz1024
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Eh... I feel like the story was good, but the writing was uneducated, hasty, and repetitive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamiensMommy1
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Loved. Could have used better writing but I still loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on May. 29, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I love the books :)

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2012 at 11:47 PM
love! just finished the second one, and will read the 3rd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamiensMommy1
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm only on chapter 9 I'm gonna finish it and see if I like it better... I just cant get into it so far!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Loved the first book. REALLY loved the second book. Got through the 3rd book. I have also read better authors and hotter sex scenes but that didn't deter from the story. I still really liked it. And I agree with the repetitive part. I mean, crap, and double crap, how many times must something be repeated? But I was able to look past that and still enjoy it :)

DamiensMommy1
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I'm having a hard time getting past that and the freaking murmuring its irritating me lol. I'm gonna start reading tomorrow an give it another chance :)

Quoting armywifey26:

Loved the first book. REALLY loved the second book. Got through the 3rd book. I have also read better authors and hotter sex scenes but that didn't deter from the story. I still really liked it. And I agree with the repetitive part. I mean, crap, and double crap, how many times must something be repeated? But I was able to look past that and still enjoy it :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
It took me a little while to get into the book. I'm about 1/2 way through book 2... But I got em free...

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

Well I'm only on chapter 9 I'm gonna finish it and see if I like it better... I just cant get into it so far!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN