Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Too freaking bad!! Would u move it?

Posted by   + Show Post
Since we got my brother a car he has been parking it on the street. We have no side walks and there is enough room for 2 people to fit down the street going opposite directions. Well nobody really parks on the street so I didn't know if it was illegal or not. Well since people have to go around the car when it is parked on the street it slows people down (idk why people feel the need to go 40 + down the road when it is clearly posted 25). Well today I was getting my mail (at the road) and lady pulled off and asked if I knew whose car it was since it had been parked there a lot lately. I told her yeah it is my brothers and we don't like to play rotating cars in the drive so he just parks it there. She told me we should move it before someone calls the cops because it is slowing the flow of traffic. Well I called the police department and asked if parking it there was illegal and they said no. Df says we should just go ahead and move it to make everyone happy since it is obviously bothering someone. I say just leave it esp since it is slowing drivers and we have a lot of kids in the neighborhood. Btw it is there only during the day since he works nights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Replies (11-19):
cdi
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:13 AM
I have! They put one of the speed things out for a while. They are talking about speed bumps being put in :)

Quoting EsmeVincent:

then I would leave it...I mean if you can clearly see around it then there is no reason why it should be moved.  People should slow down.  I have called the cops on people speeding up and down our 1 street neighborhood and I would suggest that you do the same if people think 40 is the right speed when it is clearly marked 25

Quoting cdi:

It is a flat road up the street maybe3 football fields length is a curve

Quoting EsmeVincent:

for me it depends on the street...we had renters in the house next door for a year and with 4people living there all with either a gf or bf there were a ton of cars there at all times and most ended up parking in the street.  Well it bothered me and most of the neighbors because its right on a curvy hill in our neighborhood(we have a HOA) and even tho the speed limit is 25 NOBODY except a few obey it and fly down the street.  There are 5 kids that live right here on the curvy hill part and 2 of the kids don't listen or pay attention and will just run out into the street.  There have been 4 almost accidents on the hill because of people parking on the street or taking the turn too wide.

If it was just a flat straight road then I dont' see why he would have to move it, but if its part of the road that is hard to see around with a car parked in the street then I would move it for peoples safety.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Trying to get around one car isn't bad. But anymore than that is a little annoying...and dangerous when you have to swirve into the other lane to pass it.

cdi
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:17 AM
His is the only one :)

Quoting Due9:

Trying to get around one car isn't bad. But anymore than that is a little annoying...and dangerous when you have to swirve into the other lane to pass it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on May. 30, 2012 at 1:17 AM
If its not illegal there isnt anything the neighbors can do. You can even park it infront of their house and they still can't do anythi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:18 AM

That wouldn't bother me.

Quoting cdi:

His is the only one :)

Quoting Due9:

juggling

cdi
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:19 AM
The police said the owner of the property can post no parking signs or reserved parking signs in front of their house. But he is parking it on front of my house anyways.

Quoting Fields456:

If its not illegal there isnt anything the neighbors can do. You can even park it infront of their house and they still can't do anythi

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on May. 30, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Oh yeah, from your post I figured there weren't a lot of cars parked on the street or that woman would have had to bitch about your neighbors too, LOL. 

And I agree!

Quoting cdi:

It is literally like the only vehicle parked in the road. We live in a well off neigjborhood (we are just middle income though) and I think most people don't want their precious bmws, hummers, corvettes, etc to get hit. (and if I owned a car like that I would do what most do, park it in the garage) lol

Quoting thatgirl70:

Nah, if it's not illegal, I wouldn't worry about it.

But I admit I do get annoyed driving down a street with wall to wall street parked vehicles. :p

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on May. 30, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Well then your good I would just ignore them

Quoting cdi:

The police said the owner of the property can post no parking signs or reserved parking signs in front of their house. But he is parking it on front of my house anyways.

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 1:34 AM

It's not illegal, and it's potentially making the neighborhood safer. So, I would not move it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN