Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do everything without complaining * a bible post*

Edited to add- We actually have a Jar that has this verse and when someone is asked/told  to do something and if they complain they put a quarter in the Jar. 

Visit us at True Friends Cafe

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.There is no commandment greater than these.-Mark 12:30-31

by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Replies (31-36):
siouxssie
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I don't think it is technically a sin to complain or be discontent, perhaps it is a venial sin but it doesn't go against the Ten Commandments.  I do think it is untrusting of God and His Grace though to be discontent...God will reward you for being thankful.  That is my take on it anyway.

Quoting kidlover2:

Question... the Bible says that Job never sinned in his trials, yet he told God more than once to kill him because of all the heartache he'd been through. I've gone through a similar situation and have people looking down on me because I feel the same way. What exactly is the definition of complaining? Not dictionary terms, biblical.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting kidlover2:

I lose

It is a hard Mind- set to put yourself into. 

naumann24
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM
People complain about what they have to "do" all the time. Work, dishes, laundry,etc. Whether its something we have to do or something in life not going right we complain. Some days more or less than others. So does the quarter jar go to a college fund or do they get it back when complaints no longer happen?

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting naumann24:

Everyone complains about something at some point or another..its life and its not perfect, so why pretend like it is?

You missed the "do" without complaint. that means if somoene asks you to do something you do it without complaint. for example, if I tell my son to go clean his room and he complains then he puts a quarter in the Jar, now if he complains that he had a bad day at school, he does not have to put a quarter in the jar. And it has nothing to do with being perfect or pretending to be perfect. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on May. 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Quoting naumann24:

People complain about what they have to "do" all the time. Work, dishes, laundry,etc. Whether its something we have to do or something in life not going right we complain. Some days more or less than others. So does the quarter jar go to a college fund or do they get it back when complaints no longer happen?

The money goes to the local food bank, the kids decided where the money should go and they chose the local food bank. 

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.There is no commandment greater than these.-Mark 12:30-31

naumann24
by on May. 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Now that is awesome.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting naumann24:

The money goes to the local food bank, the kids decided where the money should go and they chose the local food bank. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on May. 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Quoting naumann24:

Now that is awesome.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting naumann24:

thanks. 

Beautiful31mom
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)