Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cry It Out Method :::: I knew it!

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM
  • 119 Replies
What do you think about this?
Do you/have you used the CIO method?

http://blogs.babble.com/babys-first-year-blog/2012/05/24/evidence-mounts-against-letting-babies-cry-it-out-as-new-research-says-it-stresses-them-out/?utm_campaign=babbleeditors&utm_content=post&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook.com

by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM
No, I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I tried it one time but really felt bad I didn't even last a minute. So I decided not to use it.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM
I guess I did cry it out. It was or a few minutes she never feel asleep crying but if I was busy with something she cried till I could get to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cklamour
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM
5 moms liked this
Babies should not be "crying it out." However, my four-year-old can. He has more of an understanding at this age, unlike a six month old who has no clue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
somechick590
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I never used it because it seemed mean.

Beauty91805
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM
I never did that. What does an infant know? That's just mean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
It doesn't surprise me that it stresses them out, there was an article a few weeks ago about how it can cause other issues as well. I personally can't stand to hear my children cry and not go to them. It seems cruel to allow a baby to cry when they need to be comforted. They don't understand why no one is responding to their cries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misstaylor85
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
7 moms liked this

There is evidence against and for everything it depends on your child..We used the method as a last resort and it turned out that all he wanted the whole time was to be laid down he would fuss for about 30 seconds and then be out like a light he slept better and longer. It sure beat trying to rock a screaming infant for 2 hrs. There is no right and wrong way to parent (other then the obvious to beat or kill your kid) not one thing works for every child.

Aurora-Dove
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I have and will continue, he's 15 months old. he doesn't cry a lot, the only time he ever "crys it out" is bedtime or nap time, and its usually no more than 5 minutes before he's asleep. He is probably the happiest and most loving child I've ever seen! 

MrsErdos2011
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's mean for an infant to cio. A toddler is a different story

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)