Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you hear the heartbeat with a Doppler at 8 weeks?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just wondering what to expect next appointment.
I remember with DD I had my first appointment at 8 weeks and I think I remember they checked just in case because they said sometimes its possible. But this was so long ago I may be thinking of my second appointment!
So is it possible?
And yes, I googled it, but I am getting conflicting answers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Replies (31-39):
MommaGreenhalge
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM
I had to have a transvaginal U/S at that gestation with two of my four pregnancies. Dopplar didn't pick anything up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

This pregnancy was the first that I was at the doctor that early and I heard the heartbeat at 8 weeks. Definitely possible!

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Thanks!!!

Quoting FutureSoccerM0m:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeterlover
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I was able to hear my daughters at 8 weeks. The trick is to have a really full bladder so the uterus is moved up a bit. Otherwise it would be hard to. 

eema.gray
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I've never been able to hear mine until they were close to 13 weeks gestastion.  I've heard some women say as early as 10 weeks but apparently mine like to tuck themselves way under pelvic bones until they really get too big to do that anymore.  :-)

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Thanks!
I am 14 weeks now, will be 15 weeks tomorrow, no clue how this got bumped up here, lol!
They didn't even try at that appointment.
I got to hear it at 12 weeks though and then saw the baby on a sonogram at 13 weeks!

Quoting Jeterlover:

I was able to hear my daughters at 8 weeks. The trick is to have a really full bladder so the uterus is moved up a bit. Otherwise it would be hard to. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Don't know why this old post got bumped, but they didn't try at that appointment! They did at 12 weeks though and the baby was moving all around I could only hear a few seconds of heartbeat at a time! Lol!

Quoting eema.gray:

I've never been able to hear mine until they were close to 13 weeks gestastion.  I've heard some women say as early as 10 weeks but apparently mine like to tuck themselves way under pelvic bones until they really get too big to do that anymore.  :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Willis_Mommie
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM
i found out at 7w4d i was having twins and that their heartbeats are strong....i had another.ultrasound at 12 weeks and saw them....i go in monday for another ultrasound i will be 15 weeks then....my doc gives lots.of ultrasounds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN