Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I just saw a story on tv and wondered what other moms thought of this issue when is a good time to stop breast feeding your child? how do others feel on this subject? I never did breast feed my children due to having a toddler and then twins close in age and that was my preference not downing anyone either just wondered what others thought on this subject?

by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Replies (21-30):
wifeofarmyman
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:51 AM

No offense taken I was hoping it wouldn't be a touchy subject for anyone sorry it was for you I feel like its the womans personal decision how long they breastfeed as well as its the moms decision if she doesn't breast feed I just know I have heard other issues on tv about this subject and truly wanted to know what other moms thought but don't let anyone tell you when your done you make that decision

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

Wasn't meant to be a indirect attack.
My family is constantly putting me down. They believe i should wean at 1.
Sorry it's a touchy subject for me

Quoting wifeofarmyman:

good for you just know I wasn't downing anyone I think it is everyone's personal decision but wondered what other thought on the subject

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

I'll stop breastfeeding when my son&daughter decide they are ready to stop.sto

Who am I to take away their comfort because other people don't agree? It's a free country & it's my body

NikkiDoll
by Nicole on May. 31, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Agreed.

Quoting epoh:

When mom or baby no longer desire to continue nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 8:53 AM
It's a personal decision for mom and baby to decide together... When both or one is ready to stop is when it's best. If I had my way about it I would stop at a year... 2 max, but I really want to stop at a year because I don't really like bf. my little guy needs as many calories as possible so I'm going to continue nursing for at least a year and a half unless he decides he doesn't want it anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
naturalmama133
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:54 AM

just out of curiousity, why don't you like breastfeeding? that's awesome that your are doing it anyways!

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

It's a personal decision for mom and baby to decide together... When both or one is ready to stop is when it's best. If I had my way about it I would stop at a year... 2 max, but I really want to stop at a year because I don't really like bf. my little guy needs as many calories as possible so I'm going to continue nursing for at least a year and a half unless he decides he doesn't want it anymore.

MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on May. 31, 2012 at 8:54 AM
When she wants, she is 17m old and still nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greenstone920
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2012 at 8:55 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm just going to preemptively laugh at the "just pump and put it in a cup" comments, because those women clearly don't have long-term bf/pumping experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicsmama09
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this
When mama wants or when baby wants

Shouldnt let others dictate to you :)

Ds was 30 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I just don't love it like I was hoping I would. There are so many times when I just want some rest and can't get it because I am the only one he wants(he won't take bottles or sippy cups yet)... Dh wants to help and tries by giving him some table foods but a lot of times baby still isn't happy with just that. I also don't like how it feels... It doesn't hurt but it just doesn't feel good... Like nails on a chalkboard 9 times out of 10. I have also lost the sexual pleasure I used to get from them... Nobody is allowed to touch them(even me unless I'm washing) because they are just so sensitive... Any slight touch makes me wanna punch whoever touched it in the face lol. The only thing I have liked us once he got to about 2.5 months he started smiling and from then on it became a little more fun every month, because he is very entertaining lol. He also wasn't getting enough from just my milk... He wouldn't eat more than every 2 hours and was still losing a lot of weight once he got a bit mobile. He was hospitalized for several days to measure his bm intake, his dupe out put and just to monitor us. So that's when we began solids(6 months but not really started until this time at 7.5 months) multiple times a day and baby snacks. He eats a ton but he just doesn't gain much... He is back to gaining and that's all that really matters but I felt like I failed for quite awhile.

Quoting naturalmama133:

just out of curiousity, why don't you like breastfeeding? that's awesome that your are doing it anyways!

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Me PERSONALLy I think before two
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by AKA Phoebe Buffay on May. 31, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I never went to a year. I wouldn't nurse again if someone paid me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN