Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mermaids: Body Found **ETA**

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:33 AM
  • 135 Replies
6 moms liked this

Anyone watch it on Animal Planet? 

You won't be surprised to hear that I'm convinced. Husband has been sharing the Aquatic Ape theory with me for years, but this show really pushed it over the edge for me. Even if the film is "fictionalized" (which I can't be sure it is) the fact is that the science makes sense to me, and there are so many things out there that haven't been discovered that I can't discount it. 

They're out there, and the next time I'm out on the ocean and a bunch of dolphins are jumping alongside the boat, you bet your ass I'm gonna be watching a little more closely.

**ETA** I told my friend about it, so that she could watch it, and she said if you watch all of the clips online you get pretty much the whole program. That's the clips, on the Animal Planet website. If someone could make a link that would be super, it's my bedtime now. But I wanted to share. :o) 

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Winchester
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:36 AM
3 moms liked this

I haven't watched it but I want to.  I do think they exist but I don't think they are like mermaids from folklore.  I think they are more like the creatures in the lake from Harry Potter.... gastly looking and hardly close to human.

bchic24
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I watched it!!! I believe it!

StarrTurner
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I watched it and I believe it to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatashaOlivia
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:38 AM
Agreed!

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

I haven't watched it but I want to.  I do think they exist but I don't think they are like mermaids from folklore.  I think they are more like the creatures in the lake from Harry Potter.... gastly looking and hardly close to human.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:39 AM
Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darlula
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I watched it, and you better believe I am OBSESSED with mermaids. I have them all over my house, and have 4 tattoos of them. I LOVE them and think the show was cool, though that "footage" was ridiculous.

Oh, and I moved from WA not long before the "beaching" and I was like DAMN! I could have saw a mermaid! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:41 AM

YES i saw it i believe it so much.
the only thing i dont believe in that show was the last part of the Video they showed lol the mermaid jumped up and screamed and grabbed at the boy but it looked to CGI to be real, up until that part i believed the video but they must have added that part.

holls2188
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:42 AM
11 moms liked this
Oh my first people eating people now mermaids exsist!!! Someone please stop the plant I wanna get off lol :)!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:44 AM

HA! And here I thought I was the only one going "ummm ... truth? Methinks so." :o) 

AnnieMcD
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:46 AM

You should try to check this out. They're not the gorgeous creatures depicted in legend, barely human like. But still very much recognizable as mer-people. 

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)