Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone watch it on Animal Planet? 

You won't be surprised to hear that I'm convinced. Husband has been sharing the Aquatic Ape theory with me for years, but this show really pushed it over the edge for me. Even if the film is "fictionalized" (which I can't be sure it is) the fact is that the science makes sense to me, and there are so many things out there that haven't been discovered that I can't discount it. 

They're out there, and the next time I'm out on the ocean and a bunch of dolphins are jumping alongside the boat, you bet your ass I'm gonna be watching a little more closely.

**ETA** I told my friend about it, so that she could watch it, and she said if you watch all of the clips online you get pretty much the whole program. That's the clips, on the Animal Planet website. If someone could make a link that would be super, it's my bedtime now. But I wanted to share. :o) 

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
mama_desi
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I watched it and believe it compeletly. Scientists say all the time that people change to their surrounding to stay alive. So who says when the earth flooded that didn't happen, maybe people had to live in the water for so long their bodies changed. People adapt to what they live in, and that's a perfect example. There was a man the experiment one and he ended up growing gills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I bet there is. They used to say there's not such thing as a giant squid too... 

Quoting happymama0609:

I missed it :( but I think it is possible that they could exists. We can only explore so much of the ocean so who knows what is down there.

Well, I hope there isn't a kraken lol.

AnnieMcD
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Quoting angelenia:

Can any one post a pic of one from the show?

AdellesMom
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I believe it. I saw a little bit of it. I want to see the rest. I do believe that they do exist. I plan on watching the rest with DH later on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kLynch315
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM

happymama0609
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Quoting AnnieMcD:

I bet there is. They used to say there's not such thing as a giant squid too... 

Quoting happymama0609:

I missed it :( but I think it is possible that they could exists. We can only explore so much of the ocean so who knows what is down there.

Well, I hope there isn't a kraken lol.

I will not complain if they do exists as long as I can be the one to yell "release the kraken". That would be a dream come true :)

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye"  - Miss Piggy

I_Do_It_All
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I watched part of it. Seems like an unlikely story to make up. I believe they are out there. Makes sense to me! But I had to turn it off because the mermaids freaked me out! They are not as pretty as they are in the movies. lol!

AdellesMom
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
They aren't as beautiful as I remember! ;) lol

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Quoting angelenia:

Can any one post a pic of one from the show?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelenia
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM
That is creeptacular! Thanks for the pics!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

the maker himself was on cnn saying that it was fictionalized but there were some parts of truth in. he said the scientists were actors in it...but he also said he will not dismiss that there could be because we are still finding new species of things all of the time. the bottom of the ocean is less explored than the moon and they have found two new species of whales just in the last few years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)