Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I choose not to have male friends-

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this
Because I think it's disrespectful to my husband.

How do you feel about friends of the opposite sex?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I'm still friends with my best buddy from pre-school. He's a dude.

The way I see it, if there were any chemistry between the two of us.....we would have known it long ago. Hubby has nothing to worry about.

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Bummer for you. I love my bff. he's my brother from another mother!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cubanmom84
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I agree with you, I also chose not to have male friends. I am kind of old fashion I guess. I am never alone with any man not even his male family members and if I am I find something else to do that is not next to them lol I also give off the "you need to respect ----> his wife" so I don't have many of the truck driver friends talk to me.

nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Most of my friends are guys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovingSAHMommy
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I have male friends, but not any that I spend time with without my husband around.

Bubbie0809
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I have male friends, some from high school, some from work. I don't think it is disrespectful, everyone knows their boundaries. 

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Dh's best friend is also one of my best friends. Ive known him for 12 years almost...i just Dont hang with him by myself. usually, lol. there was a while there that he crashed at our place every weekend, and dh worked weekend mornings.
i dont really have other guy friends though. not that i consider close friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandiface
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM
I'm still friends with all of my friends, male or female. So is he, even though I can't stand one of them! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocoMama88
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:37 PM
I had lots of male friends before I met my husband. I know I would feel uncomfortable if he went out or hung out alone with another woman, so I don't do that to him. I've invited guy friends over when we have a bonfire or out for drinks with hubs and I.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I have many male friends! Most I've been friends with since kindergarten (22 years ago). And I would be lost without my neighbor across the hall! He and I often get together for drinks and he helps me keep my sanity! His boyfriend and my husband are both gone a lot, so we're the left behind housewife and "housewife", lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)