Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Probably a dumb question......

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
Is it true you get a lot of money for having a gallon jug full of aluminum cab tabs from the recycling center?

Some moms around here where I live say you supposedly get $100 bucks, is any part of this true at all? (I am in S Texas).

Thanks, ladies.

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LexRi0709
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WrapNLoseInches
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM

you would have to call your recycle center, ask them what their rate is for aluminum.   it should be a $ per lb rate.    when you fill up a 1 gallon jug its usually only 3-5 lbs. So that will tell you what youll get..

lisa601
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Don't know but it seems people are always collecting them for a family illness, charity, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stefvan
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:08 PM

No.  Part of what I do for work has to do with recycling/environmental ed.  That tabs aren't worth much at all.  But, you could call a local buyer and see what you'd get.  I'm thinking $5 a jug at most.  My friend recycles the whole cans and only gets about $30 per trash bag full.

Elise_Gurrola
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM
i have heard that too. it is because the tabs are stronger. when i was a teen and workd at mcdonalds they collected tabs only for the ronald mcdonald houses. but never asked how much more they got for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I collect for The Ronald McDonald House...I've never recycled for money so I don't know.  I should probably check into doing the cans :)

KaroGreenly
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:22 PM
I don't know how far south you are, but any Ronald McDonald House or Driscoll Children's Hospital (in Corpus) will take them.

Christywf
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

BUMP!

Christywf
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Anybody else?  And thanks ladies that responded!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)