Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

*Final Update* Someone was killed at DH's work *update reply 89

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM
  • 633 Replies
6 moms liked this
Well I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who was genuinely concerned for my DH. I tried going through replies but there were so many I just couldn't. I'm sorry that I'm not a good updater as I can see that got a LOT of people upset. Anyway again thank you to everyone!! Going to crawl in bed with hubby and hold him close.

*Ok so I've just had the scariest experience of my ENTIRE life! DH is ok but there was a point where I thought I'd lost him.

DH was working with the other guy and they were working on tying barge lines up. The other guy slipped and fell as two barges came together. My hubby had to help pull the guy in and he attempted to start CPR but the guy was already gone. As soon as the guy was declared dead they pulled DH into the office for a statement. This is where things got screwy. Apparently both their names were Joe and the guy was messed up so bad that they got mixed up and thought it was DH. For an hour the guys dh works with thought it was him.

When I got to the Union Hall they were really odd about it all. Said the guys were all coming back there and wanted to know if I was alone. Finally after bawling for another hour my dh finally walks in. OMG so glad to see him safe!!

I'm emotionally drained and haven't read replies or anything but I will try to later. Thanks for your prayers and support.
The news just reported a man being killed at my husbands work. I've been calling and calling and can't get a hold of him. I'm really freaking out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM

That is scary I hope he is ok.

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Calm down hon. Odds are it wasn't him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Hugs, I hope he is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Killed doing his job?  Or a workplace violence episode? 

emelymac
by Emely on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Quoting connie45:

Killed doing his job?  Or a workplace violence episode? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Diddles.
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM
I think they have to notify the family before they air names and such. Calm down, he will call when he can. hugs!

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Stop. Take a deep breath. I'm sure with all thats going on at his job, he doesn't have time to pick up your call or may not even see it..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TessB
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Aww, how sad :(

Hope you hear from your dh soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Take a deep breath... He may be being questioned, so unable to answer his phone... Was it an accident?

Avajay2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM
The man that was killed worked in the marine part where my husband works. There are only like 10-15 that work in that area. They're saying he was crushed between two barges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)