Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: Cymbeline

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom is Cymbeline, who frequents the CafeMom Newcomers club, among a few other groups.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

Meeting the challenges as a mother with Aspergers, and having a son with Asperger's, another with PDD-NOS, and a daughter with Rett Syndrome. The defining moments are many, and they happen when things are going smoothly, and we're able to overcome obstacles, and truly enjoy our quirky little foursome. :)

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

I'm most interested in NCC, because of the diversity in this group. I also enjoy several private groups as well.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 

I love, as I said, the diversity. The differing opinions and lifestyles are absolutely fascinating. While I disagree with many people, it's fantastic to be able to understand different beliefs and perspectives. This is a fantastic place to share, sympathize, and make friends.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

I spend a lot of my time writing; I'm working on a book about my experience with Asperger's. I also enjoy reading, camping, hiking, or, just taking a long bath with some relaxing music playing in the room.

5. What are your favorites:

Book: I will narrow it down to a trilogy by Philip Pullman. It's called, His Dark Materials. I thought it was well written, fascinating, and full of symbolism.

Song: I really enjoy the song Them by The Cranberries.

Food: I love seafood!

Place: My favourite place is actually fairly close to my home; it takes under two hours to drive there. It's called Knoebel's, and is a wonderful family park. They also have a campground that is quite nearly attached to the park. The food is amazing and the staff and owners are incredibly nice and caring.

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

I would definitely pick Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries. I have loved their music for the past 19 years. Apart from being a fan, I see that she's a good person overall and  really puts her children and family first. I admire her.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

You don't need it!

That's in regards to most of the baby gear on the market right now. Yes, car seats, cribs, etc... are a necessity, but diaper warmers and baby tubs with Jacuzzi jets (yes, I saw one at Babies r us!), nah..

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? 

Quirky

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

I had always wanted to be a doctor. As I grew, I knew I wanted to be an OB/GYN.

Circumstances changed, and I changed my course. I'm currently a SAHM, student, and writer. Though, when I graduate, I'll be working as a nurse. Eventually, I'd like to be a CNM.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? 

I would love to trade places with one of my children for the day. It would be fantastic to do all of these fun things and not have to plan any of it!

Now answer her question for YOU:

What have you done for yourself today?            

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cymbeline
by Spock's 2nd Cousin on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Thanks ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM

woohoo to you cymbeline.one of my favorite peeps

Cymbeline
by Spock's 2nd Cousin on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Quoting couponluv72:

woohoo to you cymbeline.one of my favorite peeps

I've always wanted to be a sugar coated marshmallow. mmm ;)

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

eddye
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I did it.

Cymbeline
by Spock's 2nd Cousin on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Quoting eddye:

I did it.

Doing "it" is always fun, unless we're talking about Pennywise... scary clown

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Hey Cymbeline!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Went for sushi with my best friend. :)

Cymbeline
by Spock's 2nd Cousin on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Quoting alwayskk:

That sounds like fun. :) What did you get?

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:49 PM

CYMBIEEEEEEEEEEEE <3333333

alwayskk
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Quoting Cymbeline:

Quoting alwayskk:

That sounds like fun. :) What did you get?

9-1-1 Roll and the Shrimp Tempura roll. And I stole some steak off her plate :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)