Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yes. Yes I am. I opened a bank account this morning. LOL

Yes, I am a dinosaur...and I also have some tin foil hat ideas. But I figured the bank account was just going to have to happen, or I won't be able to trade in my broke-ass 10-year old car as down-payment for a new one next year. LOL

However, I do not have a "smart" phone, all of my music is at least 10 years old, I don't have cable, I rarely watch tv, and I look, talk and dress like I just rolled out of 1995.

Is anyone else a social/technological dinosaur?

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Replies (11-16):
radioheid
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I will be 30 in a few months...

Quoting Lordgodempress:

I just got a cell phone in the last 6 months.  I am 33 lol

"Roger that. Over."

Refurbished
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I have a landline and a cell that is never charged and always forgotten at home.  I just don't like people being able to contact me 24/7.  If I'm at the checkout counter, I don't want to talk to anyone but the cashier.  I just find it irritating that people can call me at any time when I'm busy doing something else.  I'd rather talk to people only when I'm home, not when I'm out running errands or shopping.

Quoting radioheid:

I have a cell phone, and I use it only because I am too frugal to pay for both a cell phone and a landline. The cell phone is more practical and cost-effective, IMO. I am a cheapskate---my mom would be so proud! LOL 

Quoting Refurbished:

Me too.  I hate my cell phone, deliberately don't charge it just so I won't have to use it.  I don't have cable either. 

radioheid
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM

For the record, I have had a Facebook account since 2009, I started a Myspace account in 2004, I have had a cell phone since 2001, and I know how to use most modern tech devices---I just choose not to own many of them. LOL

I still own, use and prefer a VCR. I like old-school flip-phones. I still own and play the GameCube. I also have a cassette deck, and a fine collection of cassette tapes, though I do prefer CDs (which are also obsolete).

"Roger that. Over."

pampire
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I don't have an iPod, e-reader, flat screen TV, Blue Ray player.  I do have a smart phone and I've always had a bank account.

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM
As much as I loved the 90s, the fashion scares me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radioheid
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:16 PM

LOL I'm not talking about the colored jeans, baby t's or body suits!

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

As much as I loved the 90s, the fashion scares me.

"Roger that. Over."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)