Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Not dialated...er hem...dilated lol

I am 38 weeks and going in for induction NEXT Friday. My cervix is soft so that's good but no dialation. I hope the best for the 8th:)

by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Replies (31-31):
Luna091306
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I was dialated to a 2 when they induced me with my dd as well. Yeah, going the more natural route this time. I was in labor for 16 hours. Not long...but definately not quick either! And it was painful!!! I had back labor and contractions that would last several minutes at the highest peak. One of the nurses told me I better be glad I got an epidural when I did otherwise I would have been screaming. :/

Quoting CABZS:

I was induced with my son, they say I was at 2cm. My labor was Hell and not quick. I don't wish it upon anyone.

My DD they were going to put gel on my cervix before even considering pitocin. They didn't like to induce and I had gestational diabetes so they didn't want me to wait to long.

But the day they were suppose to use the gel was the day I had her, no gel needed I was happy and labor was much better and a lot faster!!

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting CABZS:

If you aren't dialated at all please don't get pitocin!

That being said, I was 4 days over due and not dialated at all at my appointment. I went into labor that night. Well the next day really at 4am.

So do lots of walking and squats.

I was only dialted at two by the time I was given pitocin and this was at 41 weeks . It was crazy painful with back to back contractions...The good part is it was quick labor.

I wouldn't be inducing if not for gd. The hospital has you go to 42 weeks under ideal circumstances.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN