Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bye bye allowance

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM
  • 117 Replies
3 moms liked this
My 4 year old son gets $25/month allowance. He didn't spend it last month, so this month he had $50. We were at Target and he wanted to look at Skylanders. He found several that we've yet to find in the stores and wanted to buy them. I explained to him that he'd have zero dollars left if he bought them (it was 3 individual skylanders and a pack with a bonus level). When we got to the check out, he put his items on the belt and said, "Bye bye allowance. I'll see you next month." LOL It was too cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My son loves that game. Those things sell out so quick around here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here. That's why he wanted these so badly. He got Zook, Lightning Rod, Ignitor and the pack with Sunburn.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

My son loves that game. Those things sell out so quick around here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I have no clue what Skylanders are.

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:25 AM
They're figurines that are characters in a video game. You have to have the figurine to use that character. It was a great marketing scheme. LOL

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuJuBee07
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Ditto.

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

Quoting GomezMami2908:

pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

couponluv72
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:27 AM
4 moms liked this

honestly not being sarcastic at all. but what on earth does a 4 year old need with $50 allowance a month? how much are you planning on upping it to by his teens? $500 a month? i am totally serious here. 

mom2ljh
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Where'd you get that he gets $50 a month? I am totally serious here.

Quoting couponluv72:

honestly not being sarcastic at all. but what on earth does a 4 year old need with $50 allowance a month? how much are you planning on upping it to by his teens? $500 a month? i am totally serious here. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dollyrot
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Read it again. He gets $25 a month. He didn't spend last month's, so that, plus this month's, gave him $50.

Quoting couponluv72:

TiffanyMarie80
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:57 AM
5 moms liked this
Wow- my 5 yr old gets $1/week, and some of that is required to go in her piggy bank and some in church offering, so she has 50 cents/week. . . That she's been saving diligently for almost a year to be able to buy the cabbage patch doll she wants :) I guess I see allowance at that age as more of a teaching tool than anything, although it sounds like your son has definitely learned that once money is spent, it's spent :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)