Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why the hell is dubstep popular? 

The whole time I'm exposed to that crap I'm like,  

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Replies (71-79):
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
There is now explaining dubstep other than the fact that thousands of people who enjoy it have been dropped in their heads multiple times. I hate it. Passionately!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Sounds like techno and industrial mixed together. 

Too derivative.

1997 David Bowie and Trent Reznor

Much better.

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Oooh when I'm on a comp I'll have to look up Blaqk Audio, I haven't heard of them.

I love deadmau5, he isn't as jumbled and... odd as some of the DJ's. I also prefer my music to have an actual
musical sound to it which I think he achieves.

I think David Guetta is classified more as house but I do like his song "I Can Only Imagine". I live listening to it before I exercise and this kind of music is great for cleaning.

Quoting CaptainFeast:

That's probably what bugs me. Thanks for putting my finger on it. I like some bands that really draw from techno, like Blaqk Audio (AFI's side project). 

I just don't like the way this has no discernible beat or lyrics. It's choatic and sorta mashed together.

Quoting miss_lisa:

"Raise Your Weapon" has a lot less of a techno feel to it for the first couple minutes.

Quoting CaptainFeast:

I'll give it a go, but I doubt that it's going to change my mind. It all seems so auto-tune to me.

Quoting miss_lisa:

Try "Raise You Weapon" by deadmau5. I can't stand Skrillex, but my DH who doesn't like this kind of music does like deadmau5. He also has a remix of the Foo Fighters 'Rope'.
Quoting CaptainFeast:

Well, I guess that's true. I do see a distinct difference between Rock-n-roll and dupstep.

Rock-n-roll had a purpose and a voice, dupstep sounds like my old dial-up from the 90s.

Quoting LucyHarper:

People said the same thing 50 years ago about what we know now as classic rock. 

Quoting CaptainFeast:

It's honestly frightening what passes for music these days.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Different people have different tastes, personally I dont like it, but I'm sure that theres a lot of people who dont like the music that I like and think "what is this shit" when they listen to it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I don't have a strong hate for it but its not the type of music I like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Lol I agree with the frog !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM

i dunno i don't like it nearly as much as i do the other kinds of dance music but i have friends that are dub-step dj's . one in England and one in Alabama. it isnt quite my thing..

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:26 PM
My husband loves it, it gives me anxiety. Ugghhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I feel so out of it that I also have no idea what that is...

My 20 yr old sister just said.. Ugh. You're so old!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN