Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Got $420 deposit from VAED TREAS 310???

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM
  • 18 Replies

Does anyone know what VAED TREAS 310 is? I just got a $420 deposit from them into my checking account and can't figure out why. I goggled it and got all kinds of information. Some treasury from Kansas City, some Chap 33 stuff, neither applies to me. My bank says they have no additional information other than what I see. 

Any clue?

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ethansmommy1987
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I have no clue, but I would definitely be sure not to touch a penny of it. When someone finds the mistake they will want it back I'm sure. 

sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Are you or hubby military and going to school and using the gi bill?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NichelleB07
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Yes, he is military and I have/currently use his GI Bill.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM
And you get an alloment every month. My husband gets what is equivalent to bah for our area. It is for schooling. Sometimes though its only for a few hundred dollars but that's because he wasn't in school the whole month like this last month was the month between spring semester and summer semester starting so he only got paid for the days he was in school.

Quoting NichelleB07:

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle07
by Rhiannon on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NichelleB07
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Crazy I have never heard or this! I've been in school an entire semester. Just to clarify, this is not a loan that I will end paying back? I would prefer not having any more student loans then I already do.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

And you get an alloment every month. My husband gets what is equivalent to bah for our area. It is for schooling. Sometimes though its only for a few hundred dollars but that's because he wasn't in school the whole month like this last month was the month between spring semester and summer semester starting so he only got paid for the days he was in school.

Quoting NichelleB07:

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM
You haven't noticed it before? Go back through your bank records for the time you've been in school. Also talk to your couselor that deals with the gi bills. It's not something you have to pay back. It's like a paycheck while you go to school. Also if you haven't gotten it before hand and should have you might be able to see about back pay. Don't touch the money though until you know its yours to keep.

Quoting NichelleB07:

Crazy I have never heard or this! I've been in school an entire semester. Just to clarify, this is not a loan that I will end paying back? I would prefer not having any more student loans then I already do.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting NichelleB07:

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Um that is weird. Don't spend it til you know it's legit.

Christina1285
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

since you are in school it's most likely VA EDucation treasury.  i would call them and find out and also look at your previous bank statements

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)