Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Unusual to have four kids at 30?

Posted by   + Show Post
I was a Walmart and a little old lady on a scooter asked to see Ds ( 4 months) I was wearing him. She said she used to wear her babies too. She asked if he was my first and I said no, he was my fourth. She looked shocked and said, " you must have started in the cradle!" meaning I started having kids really young I guess :). I told her I was 30 and had my first at 22. Thats not particularly young in my opinion. Is it weird to have 4 kids by 30 or just weird to have 4 kids at all? Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Replies (71-80):
Bmama1
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Doesn't seem weird to me. I'm 28. Had my first at 25. Now I have 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I had 3 at that age.. and very well could have had more.  I do not that that is odd at all.

Sassy762
by Emerald Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

No...when I was 30 I had 5 and one on the way

jen.mom.of.four
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Hell I'm 31 and have 4 kids. My oldest is 10 and the baby is turning 3 next month :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasaint
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I don't think it's weird. I have 4 kids and I'm 29. My youngest is 5 lol. I had my first when DH and I were 19. They are all very close together...I used to get horrible looks when I packed them all around when they were babies. 4 and 3  year old walking, 14 month old in the cart and wearing baby :)

boysmom5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Maybe it's geographical. DH and I have five boys between us and people look at us like we've lost our minds.

Quoting celshep:

I don't think so. I think if you look around, most people nowadays have 3 or more children, and a big portion of the crowd are parents in their late 20's/ early 30's. That's how it is in Kansas anyway. It's also the reason why my father (owns a car dealership) sells so many minivans and can't keep them in stock no matter how many he receives in!

Quoting boysmom5:

I think the days of having big families (as the norm) is gone and people today are curious about people who have more than one or two kids. Curiosity can turn into rude or inappropriate comments for some reason. I don't think 4 kids by the age of 30 is odd.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin_mommyx3
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 23 with 4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM

No, I don't think so...I had my 6th at 34... 

clasater
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm 23 and on my 4th lol so I'd hate to see her reaction to my family! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM
LOL!

I am 32 and preggo with my 8th. Imagine the reactions I get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)