Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you are not with the birth father of your children....

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM
  • 13 Replies
Do you send him a card or call him for his birthday or fathers day?

I left my relationship with my ex because he was mentally, verbally and physically abusive. I took care of my kids he never did anything. He lives about a 300 mile drive from us and he has court ordered visitation which is he can pick up the kids and have them for two weeks at his house every month. But he only comes once a year. He calls them only on their birthdays and sometimes holidays. He never talks to me about them, never asks how they are doing in school, nothing. The last time he called them was in February just to give me his new number, and said hi briefly to the kids; so he's basically kind of a deadbeat. But every time he talks to me he yells at me for not having the kids call for his birthday or fathers day. If he was a decent father, I would have the kids make him a card, but he is not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aspiemom0203
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM
No my DS & I celebrate his real Dad, my DH. DS is 19 and will fight you to the death for his Daddy, but said BF is basically worthless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I don't.

He did send me a message on FB on mother's day to thank me for taking care of the kids. *snort*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:31 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HadnKmom
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:36 AM

no, i dont get mothers day or birthday cards 

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM
No. He never acknowledges me. So screw him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenK
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:41 AM

This.

Quoting chickensmommy:

No. He never acknowledges me. So screw him.

boysrablessing
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:44 AM
I do call on fathers day and his bday and he does the same to me. He is a worthless father but my kids have a daddy(DH) So we figure just bc hes a POS dad doesnt mean he shouldnt be recognized. It all depends on the parent I guess but personally id at least have them call on fathers day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM
I thought about getting my dd's dad a fathers day card but why so his wife can throw it in the trash????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christina1285
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:50 AM

i am not with my oldest child's father. i don't send him cards for father's day and i don't call him on his birthday or anything. 

ekralevich
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I don't remind my DS about is father's birthday.  If is father wanted to talk to him on that day he can call.  He doesn't call much anyway and my DS doesn't want to call him.  My son is not a phone kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)