Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you teach your DD to call it a cookie...

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM
  • 75 Replies
1 mom liked this
Have you seriously never heard the story about the little girl who told the teacher that someone touched her cookie? The teacher though she was talking about a real cookie. I don't so much care if you teach them the real names, but for pete's sake at least teach them names that are easily recognized as names for their private parts. Edit: I'm again not saying you absolutely must use the correct names. But your kid should be able to walk up to an adult who doesn't know them and say, "Somebody touched my ____," and that adult should immediately know what they mean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LectioDivina
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:02 PM

She calls it her peepee

kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM
4 moms liked this

I would never teach her cookie. That just sounds ridiculous.

Dollyrot
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM
3 moms liked this

I hate the weird pet names for genital parts. I teach my kids what they actually have.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Cookie? I have never heard of that! That is weird.

My daughter calls it a vagina. I know that it's technically not a vagina as a whole but that is the best term to use without getting fancy.

navywifey2006
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Our daughter isn't here yet, but she will know it as a vagina, just like my 3 sons know that theirs is a penis. I find pet names for genitals ridiculous.

I'm Samantha. SAHM & F/T student. Momma to 3 gorgeous boys & 1 baby girl on the way.

baby growth

little.knickers
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I teach mine the real words.

They are body parts. Same as any other body part. Giving them a cute little name just sounds stupid.

I worked in a social services team and worked with a girl who told her teacher that her brothers touched her flower. The case fell apart because she didn't know the real word. It was months before the teacher even reported it as she didn't realise what the girl meant.

I don't understand why people don't like to use the proper words.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I've never heard anyone teach their child it's called cookie. Thankfully!!

Jess821
by Jessica on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Family of mine teaches their kids to call it a "cookie". We call them penis and vagina.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
La-Belle-Vie
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Real names here!
I do not call an elbow anything else so why call a penis a peanut or a peewee or whatever?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM
I have never understood the pet names and embarrassment with body parts. I went to HIGH SCHOOL with a girl who ha a "back bottom" and "front bottom" and refused to use the correct terms even in an anatomy class (actually wrote "front bottom" on an anatomy test)!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN