Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Getting torn apart by gay people, now that's a new one for me. - UPDATE Thousands of shares!!!

My article was featured in an LGBTQ magazine (online). It was just posted and already has almost 200 FB recommendations! So, of course the comments are starting to blow up. One even said it's because of people like me that anti-gay people still exist. EEK!

I wasn't quite ready for this.

If you're lost, read their post here:

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/06/an-open-letter-to-the-anti-gay-home-depot-employee-this-is-a-family/

EDIT 6/9:

The few comments I got last night did NOT set the precedent, thankfully! My story has been shared over 1,000 times (maybe closer to 2,000, I can't keep track!) and 99% of the comments have been supportive!! It is still weird seeing so many people talk about my story, but I love that it has reached SO many people!!

UPDATE

My post went semi-viral! It has been shared over 1,000 times via FB just on my blog, and then a few thousand times on the article as well as via other shares on FB... the post has 100 comments and then the FB posts have dozens as well. This is MY BIGGEST POST EVER!! :)

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Replies (61-63):
randomosityblog
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Quoting sandra_t00:

is this in your blog?

If he has your blog address, it should be lol

Yep, it is! :)

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
That's pretty darn cool. I will read it later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I can give you bitch lessons if you like. Unless I am at work where I am forced to be nice, I have no problem telling someone off IRL or disagreeing with them if they say something that offends me :)

But, I probably wouldn't have done it if my DS was with me..even though he has no clue what's going on most of the time lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)