Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you're in direct sales (aka Avon, Mary Kay, 31, etc....) rant

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM
  • 279 Replies
23 moms liked this

You are selling sub-par crap that I could get at any drug/big-box retail store for half the price.

Your methods of roping your good friends and family into hosting "parties" and subsequently roping their friends into buying your sub-par crap is exploitative and annoying. And don't tell me that "oh, just come! You don't have to buy anything - it's FUN!"

a) while you all annoy me, I'm not going to show up to a friend's "party" and not buy anything. We all know that's the game

b) WTF is "fun" about these parties? Oh, wait! I might win a nail file if I'm the last one holding it during the "right, left" game. Whoop de fucking do.

Financial freedom, empowerment, being your own boss, reaching your dreams - please don't give me that f'ing schpiel. EVERY single company has the same tagline in one form or another. You make money by annoying people into buying your crap/signing up to become a part of that "company." Then, under the guise of "coaching" them, you arm-wrestle them into buying yet even more shit to enhance their new business, which ultimately ends up on ebay 3 months later when your disgruntled "downline" realizes it's all a farce and realizes it's all a farce.

Is there a secret password I need to use to get you guys to STFU once I polietely tell you, in no uncertain terms that I am not interested in being all that I can be or attaining unlimited financial wealth by selling over-priced lipsticks/skincreams/bags/dip mixes/coffee/scrap book supplies/organic cleaning shit? What part of "no" is not understood? I know the "big wigs" at your company give you an answer for every possible objection, but at what point do you just give up?

::End rant::

Good night!

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiliMama18
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM

BUMP!

LiliMama18
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM

BUMP!

taKENheart
by Flovely on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:55 AM
8 moms liked this

Did you just get back from a party?

rednaxelaym
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
17 moms liked this
Hmmm....i go to the parties cause they ARE fun. Hanging with friends, laughing, talking, eating good food. I buy stuff if i want/need something, but i am not a sucker....i dont buy stuff just because i went to a party...
Rylansmommy386
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM
5 moms liked this
I would suck at selling avon and crap cause im not pushy. I HATE when people annoy me about buying and i wont do it to someone else
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by McLovin on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
*CLAPS*

Well said dude, my step mom sells Mary Kay and she's always trying to get me to have parties, I'm like I already hosted three god dammit, I'm running out of friends to annoy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by McLovin on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh, I love 31 though. Must buy them ALL!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:04 AM
14 moms liked this
Like! And why is it I get invites to these parties from people who would never invite me to a purely social event??!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by I Rock on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM
6 moms liked this

you can buy monogramed bags at a drug store??? WEIRD!!! I love going to parties..the last one was a pure romance party...SO FUN..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN