Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let Him Stay In It- Dirty Diaper (EDIT)

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM
  • 533 Replies
34 moms liked this

I worked in the babysitting room at an athletic facility, and per company policy, caregivers were not allowed to change a diaper with a BM...we had to go get the parent and then they had to leave their workout to come change Junior...how many times i heard, "oh just let him stay in it til i'm done"...really??? you expect us to deal with that stench while you work out and wont be back for an hour?  Not to mention, no other kids will play near him cuz he stinks, and h'es stinking up the entire room...i'm sorry i had to drag you out of your workout, but there is more to think about here than just your waistline..............  I think its rotten a mother thinks more of her workout, than to come change her toddler who is sitting in his own poop.   

EDIT: It is written in the gym policy that the PARENT has to come change diapers. They KNEW  what they were signing, and KNEW they had to change their own kids, as it was reitterated when they visited the room. 

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redhead-bedhead
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM
8 moms liked this
Poor kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicsmama09
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM
11 moms liked this
Why cant you guys change them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diane-b
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM
23 moms liked this
I think it should be a rule if they poop in their pants they must be change right away.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Emmy on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:25 AM

its the company policy..

Quoting nicsmama09:

Why cant you guys change them

ninja_squirrel
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM
24 moms liked this
Poor babies :( that diaper rash has got to hurt so bad! What bad parents. It will take them under a minute to change the baby. Wtf is wrong with people!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
getoesuepastah
64 moms liked this

i think u guys should be allowed to change them, the point of the babysitting room is to get an UNINTURUPTED workout!  but since u cant change them, yes they should come change them, but the policy sucks

kirstina
8 moms liked this

At our YMCA the workers change the diapers.

cherrywaves21
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM
6 moms liked this
If I not mistaken ( I could be ) poopy diapers involves more bodily waste that spreads bacteria easily even with hand washing. It's actually common place in ones that aren't huge chains.

ETA: you have to have a special place and permit for daycare workers to change a dirty diaper.

Quoting getoesuepastah:

i think u guys should be allowed to change them, the point of the babysitting room is to get an UNINTURUPTED workout!  but since u cant change them, yes they should come change them, but the policy sucks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
getoesuepastah
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

i just reread ur post, ur allowed to change pee diapers but not poop? thats really stupid, i thought u werent allowed to change diapers period, for liability reasons

black.eyeliner
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:31 AM
40 moms liked this
My gym will not allow that. If the child needs a change of any kind you must stop immediately and handle it. You are the parent. That is a job you chose. It is all in the contract we all have to sign to use the play room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)