Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

when someone visits you at your home **EDIT** ETA, Why I'm asking

Posted by   + Show Post
and you want to give them some sort of refreshment, do you just bring it to them or do you offer it to them first?

**EDIT**
the reason I'm asking is that apparently in my culture it's rude to offer someone something when they visit. It is said u're just supposed to bring them whatever it is. I only found this out recently. Growing up, my mum would always offer first and that's what I do now.

I know it's my culture but this is completely weird imo. What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Replies (51-60):
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM
I don't really have People who I'm not familiar with come to my house. Im secretive and not to many people know where I live.
So those people who do come over are free to get whatever. My house is their house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bjdmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Most people who come over want beer. I tell them to bring their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoiezmom
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Quoting demonica29:

The only people who come over are close friends. I tell them to get off their @$$ and get it themselves. LOL

momswag
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:37 PM

What is your culture? 

I always offer something to drink but I'm from the south so I typically just bring either tea or lemonade (occasionally both) to the table with glasses and a snack. 

I think it's rude if I go to some one's house and I'm not offered anything. It's just polite. 

deadlights86
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Offer first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isleysmom
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM

The first time someone comes over I offer them whatever we have. After that they can help themselves!

Bird16_J
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Offer and let them know what we have and if they want something they can let me know and I'll be more than happy to get it for them.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM

What's your culture? You say "mum" so I assume British?

myperfect4inok
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM
The only people that come to my house are close friends and family. They get what they want when they want it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hkelly7
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM

we have ________, are you thirsty? I would never just bring a guest something random. but then again any visitors would usually help themselves or just open the fridge and ask if I mind lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)