Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I feel like I have bones rubbing together in my lower back.

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have had trouble with back pain off and on for years. I have gone to the doctor about it once or twice, but they always tell me it's a pulled muscle..but it doesn't feel like it.

My lower back started hurting really bad about 3-4 days ago. It hurts at the very bottom of my spine..like right above my butt. It honestly feels like I have bones rubbing together. I can hear popping and clicking sounds when I move certain ways. The pain is excruciating. It radiates around to my hips, up my back a little, and sometimes down into my inner thighs. It makes it hard to walk. I have even had to limp before because it feels like I can't put all of my weight on my legs.

It hurts so bad! I am going to make another doctor's appointment soon (on a day that DH is off work to stay home with our 3 kids plus the 2 that I babysit). I'm scared to find out what the problem is though.

I have some cartilage damage in my ribs. I can't remember what the doctor called it, but basically my cartilage is degenerating. This causes one of my ribs to pop out of place (which is extremely painful!).

I'm really scared that this is what is happening to back too. =(

Anyone have any experience with this type of back pain?

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Frosting
Kind of worried tonight. Our diabetic dog has decided to refuse her insulin shots. Not sure where the situation will go from here.... :-(
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM

You need a chiropractor.

Dawnzilla
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Did you have an epidural? I'm permanently disabled from a disease called arachnoiditis from my epidural having my last dd. that's what it feels like. Doctors are reluctant to diagnose because more often than not its caused by them (surgeries, epidural steroid injections, any spinal anesthesia).
1busymomma03
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I did have an epidural..three actually. When I had my DS (my middle child), I had some pain while they were putting the epidural in. The anesthesiologist said I was crazy and wasn't feeling pain just "pressure". *Eye roll*..I think I know what I was feeling.

Anyway. Since that very day, I have had some weird pain at the site of the epidural. I also have these weird tingly feelings that shoot up and down from that particular spot sometimes. I can't stand for anyone to touch me in that one particular area of my back either...it hurts to touch it and sends tingly pains up and down my spine.

I'm not sure if this low back pain has anything to do with the epidural, but it hurts really bad. It almost feels like I can pop my hips out of place too..and that hurts as well.

I'm just all sorts of messed up! LOL

Quoting Dawnzilla:

Did you have an epidural? I'm permanently disabled from a disease called arachnoiditis from my epidural having my last dd. that's what it feels like. Doctors are reluctant to diagnose because more often than not its caused by them (surgeries, epidural steroid injections, any spinal anesthesia).

1busymomma03
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I have thought about it, but I want to make sure it doesn't have anything to do with my degenerating cartilage first. There are lots of people in my family that have back trouble...and quite a few with degenerative disc disease as well.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

You need a chiropractor.

Dawnzilla
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Quoting 1busymomma03:

I'm so sorry :( I so hope you don't have it. Sounds familiar. There are no nerves in your epidural space. If you felt pain, they punctured your dural sac. Was it lightening pain? That's how I got this crap. I'm permanently disabled at 33. Did you have a spinal headache? You might want to research arachnoiditis. It's one of the risks of spinal anesthesia. They call it "rare", but it's actually 20-25% of all spinal procedures. That's not quite so rare. I'm in a wheelchair now when I leave the house and have to walk very far. Not exactly something you expect to bring hone with a new baby!
Pink.Frosting
Kind of worried tonight. Our diabetic dog has decided to refuse her insulin shots. Not sure where the situation will go from here.... :-(
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

The chiro should take x-rays before working on you though, so they could proabaly make that determination.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I have thought about it, but I want to make sure it doesn't have anything to do with my degenerating cartilage first. There are lots of people in my family that have back trouble...and quite a few with degenerative disc disease as well.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

You need a chiropractor.

1busymomma03
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Quoting Dawnzilla:

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I'm so sorry :( I so hope you don't have it. Sounds familiar. There are no nerves in your epidural space. If you felt pain, they punctured your dural sac. Was it lightening pain? That's how I got this crap. I'm permanently disabled at 33. Did you have a spinal headache? You might want to research arachnoiditis. It's one of the risks of spinal anesthesia. They call it "rare", but it's actually 20-25% of all spinal procedures. That's not quite so rare. I'm in a wheelchair now when I leave the house and have to walk very far. Not exactly something you expect to bring hone with a new baby!

I will google it. Thanks.

1busymomma03
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM

BUMP!

1busymomma03
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM

BUMP!

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM

The pain you describe sounds alot like when my DH hurt his Sacroiliac Joint. He did exercises, had pain meds and even a steriod shot but it didnt help. He finally visited an acupuncturist and has been pain free ever since.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)