Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please help ! I cant hear out of one ear !

Ok so ive had this sinus infection goin on for over a week ! Ive been taking antibiotics an everything is cleared up but MY EAR ! Ugh its driving me insane ! How can I unclogg it ? Thanks :)

( I do NOT have any peroxide)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
scorpiomama1985
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Was yours ringing also ?

Quoting Sunshine2plus2:

IDK but I could not hear out of mine once for about 2 weeks and then finally it started working again!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scorpiomama1985
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Never heard of that ? Lol

Quoting mommasaint:

Ear candles?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Corine_tnm
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Quoting scorpiomama1985:

No never heard of it ? Its it OTC ?

Quoting Corine_tnm:

have you every heard of a neti pot?????? it works great for sinus infections maybe if it clears up it will help your ear

google it or look for it on amazon.com whenever i have a bad cold or some kind of nasel infection i use it. it's like a little pot with a long spout and you put warm water and salt in it, tilt your head over the sink and insert the spout in one nostral until the warm water comes out the other end. it cleans everything out and really helps. good luck!

Sunshine2plus2
by Sunshine on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it was non stop and driving me crazy!

Quoting scorpiomama1985:

Was yours ringing also ?

Quoting Sunshine2plus2:

IDK but I could not hear out of mine once for about 2 weeks and then finally it started working again!

scorpiomama1985
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Oh cool ! Thank you ! I will be checkin that out :)

Quoting Corine_tnm:

Quoting scorpiomama1985:

No never heard of it ? Its it OTC ?

Quoting Corine_tnm:

have you every heard of a neti pot?????? it works great for sinus infections maybe if it clears up it will help your ear

google it or look for it on amazon.com whenever i have a bad cold or some kind of nasel infection i use it. it's like a little pot with a long spout and you put warm water and salt in it, tilt your head over the sink and insert the spout in one nostral until the warm water comes out the other end. it cleans everything out and really helps. good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scorpiomama1985
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Yes ! Mine is too !! Ugh !

Quoting Sunshine2plus2:

Yes it was non stop and driving me crazy!

Quoting scorpiomama1985:

Was yours ringing also ?

Quoting Sunshine2plus2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1SpaZZedMom
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Not always. Use a heating pad, and lay on it for 30 minutes or so. It will help to loosen up the gunk. It will help release the pressure so It can drain.
Also, in the first aid aisle at the store, Similson makes ear drops. I get infections about every 3 months and am looking at getting tubes at 31.

Quoting scorpiomama1985:

I was thinkin that too.. But wouldnt the antibiotics be working by now ? Ive been taking them for 2 days now...

Quoting 1SpaZZedMom:

You could have an inner ear infection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Be careful about the advice to use a neti pot.You may want to read this article.

Louisiana health regulators warned residents Tuesday about the dangers of using neti pots improperly. A neti pot, which looks like a genie's lamp, is commonly used to irrigate sinuses. The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals issued its warning following a second death this year caused by Naegleria fowleri, the so-called brain-eating amoeba.

naegleria_fowleri.jpgView full sizeCenters for Disease Control and PreventionImages of naegleria fowleri, with the colored images on either side showing stained samples in brain tissue.  

A 51-year-old DeSoto Parish woman died after using tap water in a neti pot to irrigate her sinuses and became infected by the deadly amoeba, which entered the body through her nose. In June, a 20-year-old St. Bernard Parish man died under the same circumstances.

"If you are irrigating, flushing, or rinsing your sinuses, for example, by using a neti pot, use distilled, sterile or previously boiled water to make up the irrigation solution," said Louisiana State Epidemiologist, Dr. Raoult Ratard. "Tap water is safe for drinking, but not for irrigating your nose."

It's also important to rinse the irrigation device after each use and leave open to air dry, he said.

The very rare infection typically occurs when people go swimming or diving in warm freshwater lakes and rivers. In very rare instances, health experts said such infections may also occur when contaminated water from other sources, such as inadequately chlorinated swimming pool water or heated tap water less than 116.6 degrees, enters the nose when people submerge their heads or when people irrigate their sinuses with devices such as a neti pot.

DHH said the amoeba causes the disease primary amebic meningoencephalitis, a brain infection that leads to the destruction of brain tissue. In its early stages, symptoms may be similar to symptoms of bacterial meningitis and can include headache, fever, nausea, vomiting and stiff neck. Later symptoms include confusion, loss of balance, seizures and hallucinations.

After the start of symptoms, the disease progresses rapidly and usually causes death within one to 12 days.

scorpiomama1985
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Omg thats scary !! Thank you

Quoting night.magic:

Be careful about the advice to use a neti pot.You may want to read this article.

Louisiana health regulators warned residents Tuesday about the dangers of using neti pots improperly. A neti pot, which looks like a genie's lamp, is commonly used to irrigate sinuses. The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals issued its warning following a second death this year caused by Naegleria fowleri, the so-called brain-eating amoeba.

naegleria_fowleri.jpgView full sizeCenters for Disease Control and PreventionImages of naegleria fowleri, with the colored images on either side showing stained samples in brain tissue.  

A 51-year-old DeSoto Parish woman died after using tap water in a neti pot to irrigate her sinuses and became infected by the deadly amoeba, which entered the body through her nose. In June, a 20-year-old St. Bernard Parish man died under the same circumstances.

"If you are irrigating, flushing, or rinsing your sinuses, for example, by using a neti pot, use distilled, sterile or previously boiled water to make up the irrigation solution," said Louisiana State Epidemiologist, Dr. Raoult Ratard. "Tap water is safe for drinking, but not for irrigating your nose."

It's also important to rinse the irrigation device after each use and leave open to air dry, he said.

The very rare infection typically occurs when people go swimming or diving in warm freshwater lakes and rivers. In very rare instances, health experts said such infections may also occur when contaminated water from other sources, such as inadequately chlorinated swimming pool water or heated tap water less than 116.6 degrees, enters the nose when people submerge their heads or when people irrigate their sinuses with devices such as a neti pot.

DHH said the amoeba causes the disease primary amebic meningoencephalitis, a brain infection that leads to the destruction of brain tissue. In its early stages, symptoms may be similar to symptoms of bacterial meningitis and can include headache, fever, nausea, vomiting and stiff neck. Later symptoms include confusion, loss of balance, seizures and hallucinations.

After the start of symptoms, the disease progresses rapidly and usually causes death within one to 12 days.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scorpiomama1985
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Thank you ill try that ! An im sorry to hear that :( my grandpa had to get tubes at age 75... I hope it gets better for you...

Quoting 1SpaZZedMom:

Not always. Use a heating pad, and lay on it for 30 minutes or so. It will help to loosen up the gunk. It will help release the pressure so It can drain.

Also, in the first aid aisle at the store, Similson makes ear drops. I get infections about every 3 months and am looking at getting tubes at 31.

Quoting scorpiomama1985:

I was thinkin that too.. But wouldnt the antibiotics be working by now ? Ive been taking them for 2 days now...

Quoting 1SpaZZedMom:

You could have an inner ear infection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN