Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

why is cps above the law

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM
  • 71 Replies
I'm in the state of Virginia and they took my..daughter because I left her with her daddy and hes active duty military and i.was out of state.when they calleed and she wouldnt give me..any information to comfirm she was a real cps agent or let me speak to my husband.they said I abandoned her because I didnt get back right away..what was I supposed to do..i.was alzready.out of state ....I turned around but.they wouldnt give her back.they said by leaving.her with.her gather I neglected.her.....so does her birth father have no rights to her? She has never been abused and lied on the affidavit.isnt that a sworn testimony? they are tryin to turn us against.each other tooo? why? I guess im stupid becauzse I have n rights if they can break the law what good is it? No wonder.this world is the way..it is.........we make laws and they dont have to be followed and if you work for the government your aboce the law!!!!!we need to stand together against.cps.because next it..could.be you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.SupermOmOf2
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

?

.SupermOmOf2 Formerly _WC_Mama

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM
4 moms liked this
Please don't write them a letter if this post is an example of your writing skills. If this is true, good luck and get a good attorney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ttfnt20
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Well she was with her daddy. Who on earth would've called cps anyways over that? That's just crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure I understand any of this...if the dad was Watching the kid then that's not illegal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM
O_o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting toopicky429:

Please don't write them a letter if this post is an example of your writing skills. If this is true, good luck and get a good attorney.

Well, in her defense, I doubt she'd write a letter from a mobile device.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

GavinsMom101310
?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cacophobia06

I am sorry for what happened to you, I am sure once all is investigated it will be cleared as long as there is nothing for them to be concerned about. 

Prob the reason why you don't need to leave her there is because he is active and if he were to be called to do something, where would she go?  You were out of state and would be unable to get her in a timely matter. 

But I will NOT be standing agaisnt CPS.  They are there to protect the children.  Someone needs to be.  I think it is a good service and has saved many children from abuse and neglect and has given the kids a brighter future. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Ok if this is a real story, there is more to it than what you stated...... Her father has his parental rights and can care for her when/if you need to take care of something else.  How much time elapsed that it was considered abandonment?  I would find a paralegal to help me navigate this.

jadsmummy
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM
3 moms liked this
There is way more to this story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)