Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

final update update2 :/. update 1! kitten help!!! i dont wanna watch her die

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM
  • 89 Replies
We found a kitten (which is about 4 weeks old according to vet) and I'm fairly sure she is dying.
We were feeding her milk replacement. And water.
She still wouldn't perk up so we took her in and she got dewormed and got fluids. They said niy much else they could do short of a long stay in their care which we couldn't afford :/. Any advise anything to help her? Ughhh I'm a wreck! I wish we could have had her put to sleep. But they wouldn't do it until we could pay in full (Thursday) one day and this tiny
thing has my heart.

Update 6/12 6am central time.
She made it through the night!!!! :)
I'm.tired but we made it! All I keep asking for is just one more
hour!

Update 2 6/12 5pm
The kitten cant even swallow :( we called around and found a place willing to put her to sleep for 40. So dh is pawning the TV so we can pay the fee. I'm not complaing about money because this little girl is worth more then a TV. I'm just sad and happy that she wont
suffer anymore.

Final update: at 6:02 penny passed away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MurphyTTC
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Bump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I don't know anything about kittens, sorry.
nzumbrun
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM

awe im so sorry. did the vet say what was wrong with it?

cklamour
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Have you cuddled her? Keep trying to feed her. As long as she's not sick then all she needs it tlc. She is suck a baby. She should have not been removed from mom so young. Good luck with her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Quoting nzumbrun:

awe im so sorry. did the vet say what was wrong with it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I don't know much about kitten care.........keep pushing the fluids, if this kitten can't potty on its own yet, then try manual stimulation to try to get the cat to pee or poo, And keep the cat warm for the night. If it makes it through the night then try to find someone, anyone with a lactating cat and see if that cat will foster this kitten. I hope the kitten survives.

wodntulk2kno1
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:06 AM
She is so young to be away from her mom. Just keep her warm and fed. I hope she makes it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MurphyTTC
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:08 AM
She's sick. We just didn't have the money for test till Thursday. White poop eyes keep getting sealed shut she's a mess. I just don't want her to suffer. My dh keeps saying if she goes at least she got to go loved and warm but really it breaks my heart knowing money is what's going to be mean life or death!

Quoting cklamour:

Have you cuddled her? Keep trying to feed her. As long as she's not sick then all she needs it tlc. She is suck a baby. She should have not been removed from mom so young. Good luck with her!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuliFox
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM
This, with plenty of cuddling and loving added in. In case you don't know about yhe manual stimulation, you just take a lukewarm rag and wipe her where she pees and poos. This simulates what the mama cat would do. Good luck, hope the sweet little thing makes it thru.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

I don't know much about kitten care.........keep pushing the fluids, if this kitten can't potty on its own yet, then try manual stimulation to try to get the cat to pee or poo, And keep the cat warm for the night. If it makes it through the night then try to find someone, anyone with a lactating cat and see if that cat will foster this kitten. I hope the kitten survives.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MurphyTTC
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM
I have Been doing all of the above and. We posted flyers n are looking for a foster mom or anyone who knows how to deal with abondoned kittens

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)