Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DH may have to discharge from army!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

We are in the army and were in Sydney,  Australia when our children were born.   Sydney is 13 hours away from our family!!  When DS was born with serious problems I had to put my foot down,  Posting orders had to be done and DH wanted Qld, which would be a 3 day drive from family plus this unit is deployed all the time, so DH would never be home for the whole 3 year posting there.  I had a 17 month old toddler, a seriously ill baby, HELL NO!!!  We put down for Adelaide and got it, we are only 4 hours away from family so it is much better and I get support when DH is away.    Then the posting finished and the army wanted us to go back to Sydney.  We have registered with the army as a special needs family due to DS.  However it seems that it is not worth the paper it is written on.  We had a huge folder of reports and letters from all DS Dr's, therapists, carers ect to NOT MOVE THIS CHILD.   anyways, we had to battle with them for 8 months and they finally allowed DH a posting at another base (1 hour away!!!!)  then we find out that it was only a 2 year posting not the normal 3 years because they feel they have helped us enough!! WTF!!!!!   So now this posting ends Dec this year and they are not letting DH stay in the area, even though there is a huge new base opening up!!  now, we can not move our Son.  He is settled in a school that is giving 150% to him, he is thriving and fully accepted at this school.  All his Dr's and therapist know him and he knows them.   Not to mention it takes up to a year to get all the things he needs set up again!!  School funding for him to have the support he needs takes over a year.  So NO he is staying right here.  It really can mean the difference of him being able to be independant as an adult or needing care in adulthood.  This is how serious this is.  We are not just making this stuff up to muck the army around!!!  So anyways, there is no way DH can stay here in the army and so now we dont know what our future will be as DH will have to leave the army.   It is just so wrong!!!   The only way he can stay in the army is if we live separated which we wont do as the children NEED THEIR FATHER!!!!   DD has not coped with this deployment at all, DS does not understand where his daddy is, it is a mess.  Plus I want a husband that is here for most of the time.  not one that permanently lives away in  another state.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:54 AM
Replies (21-23):
pookah1203
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:39 AM
I *think* she meant u.s.

Quoting livric:

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

So this is not the I'd army

Sorry??? not sure what u mean?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Quoting hisgirl616:

We tried to make it work but it was too hard. Dd was very sick, I was fighting cervical cancer and dh was worried the entire time. He couldn't focus on his job in the military. I was a wreck all of the time. I know people that can handle it, we just couldn't.

Quoting livric:

Quoting hisgirl616:

My dd was extremely ill. She had her kidney removed and was having many complications. Dh decided it was best for our family to discharge. You have to do what is best for your family.

Thank you!  I have lost count of the times I have sat in hospital with my DS alone dealing with it,  even ICU.  Not to mention my own hospital stays!!  We just cant do married seperated.   My best friend here is married seperated and it works great for them, she has her parents right here and they have the kids everyday when she works, they ferry the kids to activities ect.  I dont have anyone here at all, unless family come down to visit, which they do, but that is not a long term solution.....

wow your life sounds exactly like my life!!! :)  My dh is worried about us all the time too.  (((HUGS))))

hisgirl616
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:45 AM
((hugs)) to you too. You can pm me if you ever want someone to talk to.

Quoting livric:

Quoting hisgirl616:

We tried to make it work but it was too hard. Dd was very sick, I was fighting cervical cancer and dh was worried the entire time. He couldn't focus on his job in the military. I was a wreck all of the time. I know people that can handle it, we just couldn't.

Quoting livric:

Quoting hisgirl616:

My dd was extremely ill. She had her kidney removed and was having many complications. Dh decided it was best for our family to discharge. You have to do what is best for your family.

Thank you!  I have lost count of the times I have sat in hospital with my DS alone dealing with it,  even ICU.  Not to mention my own hospital stays!!  We just cant do married seperated.   My best friend here is married seperated and it works great for them, she has her parents right here and they have the kids everyday when she works, they ferry the kids to activities ect.  I dont have anyone here at all, unless family come down to visit, which they do, but that is not a long term solution.....

wow your life sounds exactly like my life!!! :)  My dh is worried about us all the time too.  (((HUGS))))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)