Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Diaper Rash Advice Desparately Needed Please! *pics*

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
  • 33 Replies

I have never had any issues with diaper rashes with my previous 2 kids(luckily). But ever since my DS has started teething he has been getting them constantly. We keep him creamed and powdered up and for the most part the rashes go away. Except for these 2 spots that won't seem to heal. They look like open wounds and sometimes clear ooze will seep from them. I try to keep him clean and let him go without his diaper for a few hours everyday but the bad areas just won't get better! He doesn't cry when I change or wipe him. But then again, he never cries. Even when things that would normally make other kids scream(i.e. falling off the couch, hitting head on coffee table, etc etc). Since I have no experiences with diaper rashes, especially bad ones, I need some advice! What else can I be doing to help heal this? Is there a better cream than what I am using(I use butt creme and have tried desitin)? Any and all advice will be welcomed! TIA

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CND0714
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I would definitely go to the dr and leave diaper off and let it air out and only wipe with wet cloths or paper towels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

BUMP!

lokizmo
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Leave the diaper off for a little while.  My youngest gets diaper rashes like that.  We have a prescription for something called Poop Goop.  It heals it up instantly..nothing else worked on her little butt.  Hers looked just like yours. 

mamak3211
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM

stop using wipes. Use just wash clothes in room temp water to wipe clean. If you're nursing/pumping but bm on it and let air dry. The desitin in the purple container works really well for my dd too. You can also try baths with baking soda in it. My daughter got a really bad rash from diarrhea and after a day of no wipes, applying bm, baking soda baths and one night of purple desitin it got SO much better. good luck!

Machelle669
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
BUMP

armywifey26
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Taking him to the doc was my next step if it didn't get better by this weekend.

Quoting CND0714:

I would definitely go to the dr and leave diaper off and let it air out and only wipe with wet cloths or paper towels.

pipsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Its a yeast rash (a fungal rash). Go to the pharmacy and get some anti fungal cream, it will clear up very quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Go to the doctor. Try using A and D ointment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmybabyboys
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Vaseline and cornstarch, or desitin and cornstarch. Works wonders my friend. My little boy had one so bad, and after days of putting just rash cream on it, it seemed to be getting worse. My mil told me about cornstarch, and it healed up with in the next day. I put the cream on first then the cornstarch. Good luck. Let me know if it helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilydoyle
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

how old is he? my dd #3 was/is allergic to food seasonings. (wierd, huh?) it took the pedi and I a year to figure it out; she had similar rashes all the time. The other thing is, have you tried switching diaper brands? And last q: is that where his poop usually is? If so, he is most likely allergic to something. the trick is figuring out what.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN