Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Diaper Rash Advice Desparately Needed Please! *pics*

Posted by   + Show Post

I have never had any issues with diaper rashes with my previous 2 kids(luckily). But ever since my DS has started teething he has been getting them constantly. We keep him creamed and powdered up and for the most part the rashes go away. Except for these 2 spots that won't seem to heal. They look like open wounds and sometimes clear ooze will seep from them. I try to keep him clean and let him go without his diaper for a few hours everyday but the bad areas just won't get better! He doesn't cry when I change or wipe him. But then again, he never cries. Even when things that would normally make other kids scream(i.e. falling off the couch, hitting head on coffee table, etc etc). Since I have no experiences with diaper rashes, especially bad ones, I need some advice! What else can I be doing to help heal this? Is there a better cream than what I am using(I use butt creme and have tried desitin)? Any and all advice will be welcomed! TIA

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Replies (31-33):
momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Leave him naked for a while to let him get air on it. Stop using baby wipes & use an old rag or soft paper towels with water to clean him. Once he's dry, rub a layer of vaseline on him to make a barrier. Boudreaux's Butt Paste is awesome stuff. Our pediatrician told us that Desitin will burn the rash when they get bad like that. DD used to get rashes that would bleed until we gave up baby wipes.  

pipsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM

It's really no big deal. Babies diapers get a little warmer when they are teething and get fevers and it lets yeast grow faster than normal. A couple treatments will clear him right up.  

Quoting armywifey26:

This is what I was afraid of. When my DD was a baby she had a ringworm spot on her leg. The doc prescribed anti fungal cream and said it was the same cream he prescribed for babies with fungal baby rashes. I was like whaaat? A diaper rash can get that bad? And when this started happening with DS those doctors words came back to haunt me :/

Quoting pipsmommy:

Its a yeast rash (a fungal rash). Go to the pharmacy and get some anti fungal cream, it will clear up very quickly.

Ireallydontcare
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Coconut oil Colloidal Silver AIR AIR and MORE AIR

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)