Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pretending you are not home.....

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
  • 85 Replies
2 moms liked this

Have you ever done that?

Like when the bell rings or a knock, you peek out the window to see who it is and when you do not know them, you act like you arent home? Or, has it been someone you knew and just didnt feel like dealing with them or their visit?

I am guilty as charged on both!

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifey26
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

GUILTY!

christina0607
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I have, but never to people I know. Just door to door salesmen.

kellyg1987
Guilty. I don't answer for people I don't know, I typically answer for people I do, but I tell them to next time call before coming over, it's just common courtesy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Evonavich
Guilty, I have a security camera that shows me my driveway so I know who's here before they reach the door. If they even try to reach the door since I got dogs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaeleesmommy
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Guilty to both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I always open the door to people I know, but it really depends on my mood for people I don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Actually when my son was a year and a half I had a major parenting fail. I was napping on the couch and I thought my son was in his crib napping. I hears knocking at the door and was just ignoring it. The knocking kept going on so I finally got up to fin my son had got out and was knocking on the door with his play hammer. Before that I didn't know he could climb out of the crib or open a door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Lmao! I just did that 5 min ago, I don't answer the door for anyone that I don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Quoting cdi:

Actually when my son was a year and a half I had a major parenting fail. I was napping on the couch and I thought my son was in his crib napping. I hears knocking at the door and was just ignoring it. The knocking kept going on so I finally got up to fin my son had got out and was knocking on the door with his play hammer. Before that I didn't know he could climb out of the crib or open a door.

how scary! I am so glad he knocked! and didnt take off down the road! I got extremely lucky. My son never did the escape thing when he was a baby/toddler.

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Quoting xoxoDanicaxoxo:

Lmao! I just did that 5 min ago, I don't answer the door for anyone that I don't know.

LOL! So did I!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN