Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

verizon wireles just got suckier

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 103 Replies
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/12/verizon-announces-shared-everything-plans-starting-at-50-for-1gb-of-data-and-unlimited-talktext/

I am mobile but the whole grandfather in with unlimited data is a lie. Now when you upgrade or buy ANY new phone you have to switch to their unlimited plan. Which is $45 smart phones a month, $30 for regular phones, $10 for tablets. Which isn't bad....but wait if you want data....you have to pay $50 for 1 gb that all have to share 2 gb $60, 10 is $100. On average most people use about 3 gb.
Right now my plan is 700 with 250 text on two phones and pay per text on 3. I have one smart phone with unlimited and two regular phones and my bill pre taxes is $115. We never go over mind in fact we used about 250 combined (most people are in network) With the new plan with out data its $90 add in that my phone say I average 2 gb a month (I use lots of WiFi.) That is $150 before taxes.

I am pissed. And I have to stay with them until 11/24/2013

Edit to add: this takes affect June 28, 2012 NOT before, and it only affects you when you use your renewal discount OR add a device. You can keep your old plan IF you buy your phones retail ($400-800 for smart phones, $100-400 for regular phones)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM
5 moms liked this
That's why I have sprint
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM
We just got new phones and I didn't have any of this stuff I WAS grandfathered in with our unlimited data my bill has not changed in 6 years except the slight variations in taxes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by Sadie on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Yup I knew this. Don't know when they're going to force us all over. No upgrades for us anymore! When our contract is up we are done. Everyone has to do this eventually if they stay with Verizon grandfathered in or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Dh's best friend just got a new phone & he got to keep his unlimited data.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RGladson
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Yep, this.

Quoting little.worthen:

That's why I have sprint
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I have unlimited data through Verizon! I love Verizon! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmomnarmywife
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM
This ... We've had it for 2 years . I just got an iPhone for an upgrade a couple weeks ago, nothing was changed .

Quoting agrisham13mom:

We just got new phones and I didn't have any of this stuff I WAS grandfathered in with our unlimited data my bill has not changed in 6 years except the slight variations in taxes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelgirl0225
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Our bill has been the same for over two years, I love Verizon, and we are getting new phones this month.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Call them and tell them you want to switch to AT&T, but you're "giving them a chance to change your mind". They will sometimes find a way to lower your bill. Otherwise, I would seriously consider eating the early cancellation fees and switching. AT&T is $30/month for 3G of data or $50/month for 5G. Individually, anyway. And I love the rollover minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies11
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM
DH and I have cricket and we love it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)