Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is Your Mother in Law Like? Has yours pissed you off?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mine is in the early stages of dementia, and says the most embarrassing things out in public.  To the point, we don't want to go out with her.  She also has a bad habit of chewing with her mouth open, spewing food in the face of whoever is sitting across from her.  Other than that, she is an uneducated woman, who had a pretty hard life, and seems to place blame on everyone else.  Not a very personable woman to get along with, imo.  She came from nothing, and considered all my knick knacks, and collections of antiques 'clutter'...i never really know if anything i do pleases her, because she never indicates that it does.  Makes me feel like not doing anything anymore...she even had the gall to tell my dd she was such a pretty little girl and now that she's grown up,  'what happened?'  short of calling her ugly...my dd doens't hold much respect for her after that comment, and i dont' blame her.   

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
I_love_doritos
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Mine is dead
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christina1285
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM

i can't stand my MIL at times.  it seems she only calls to bitch at us and any good news we have, she is NEVER happy. she finds a way to bitch about that too.   here lately though she's been awesome.  she threw her grandson a bday party at her house(i didnt have to buy anything but his present) and then she's letting me have my baby shower at her house too!  at first, she wasn't too happy about us being pregnant but she is coming around.  we are getting along better  :-)

yaya89
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM
My mil is annoying too but it doesnt bother me nomore. In beggining yes it was horrible she was always talking smack to her family when I was right there critized how her granddaughter (my sd) was getting taken care of and when my baby was born she had the nerve to say she wasnt his sons because she looked like my oldest from previous marriage. My husband confronted her about all of this and put a stop to it. We live right next door to her but we really dont communicate she's not allowed to take my kids anywhere so she rather not see them at all and thats better for me. So a relationship eith her is nonexisistent. Life is so much better like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM
This, the only thing that she said that irritated me was that if she were me she would.stop having babies at two amd she didnt like me bf but once she saw how.great it was going she became my strongest supporter:)

Quoting lovelove211:

Mine is lovely. I get along well with her

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I,too, have a special kind of mil-she doesn't care for any woman that DH dates. According to her-no woman can care for DH like she can (which is down right fcking scary to think about) or raise his son better then she can (even though she didn't even raise DH  or SIL)

SHe's disrespectful towards me and my DD8 who is special needs. She's disrespectful towards DH's ex wife and HER daughter SD11. Nothing is good enough for this woman-believe me I've tried everything I could. She hides behind her bible and preaches such hatred towards her grandchildren.

We're at the point where we're just waiting for her to die.

mandiNthomas
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Dfs mother hates me. She hasn't spoke to me in over three years (that's how long me and df have been together). She would rather me fall off the face of the earth. And I've done nothing but be with her son which I guess is too much for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

My MIL is fantastic! She is one of my best friends. I am so lucky to have her. I couldnt have asked for better in laws.

Momto6
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Love my mil, she is very caring and a great gramy!  My first mil not so much.....

She called me my husbands' last girlfriends name for 6 months.  But all is well now since he has remarried (to the girlfriend) and I have remarried also.  

smushy79
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine is OK. We have a fine on the phone relationship (if that makes sense) but in person it stresses me out.

anetrnlov
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM
I use to love my mother in-law. She was a little crazy, quirky and sometimes inappropriate but she meant well, treated me well and loved her grandkids.

The last few years, however, she's becoming more and more bitter due to the state of her life and marriage and she has decided it is best to take it out on me and my sister in-law. Most of her stuff is back handed and passive aggressive bullshit paired with talking trash about us to his grandma which REALLY grinds my as.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN