Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: huntersmama711
CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
I believe the most defining moment as a mom so far is realizing how much life changes when that tiny bundle is placed in your arms. All the priorties I had prior to then seemed insignificant and pointless. I never realized how much love my heart could hold, and how I would lay down my life to protect my baby.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
I admit to lurking in Newcomers, but my favorite group is July 2011 Babies. I also enjoy Advice For Moms, Baking 101, Recipes For Busy Moms and Babies.
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
I enjoy the fact that any time of day or night I can come here for advice, laughter, to share my joys and sorrows and also for a dose of drama when df is watching his sports. Lol
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I love experimenting in the kitchen and also relaxing with a good book. I also enjoy being outdoors as much as possible.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: As much as I love to read I don't have a favorite book. I read many different types of books and I guess my favorite would be whatever I happen to be reading at the moment.
Movie: My favorite movie to watch is The Little Mermaid, in honor of my sweet baby girl in heaven. Second favorite is probably Fight Club
Song: My favorite song is God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. It's my song with df and has deep meaning for us.
Food: I love all Italian food, delicious desserts and almost any chocolate I can get my hands on.
Place to travel to: I love going to the beach and also camping in the mountains.
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
I would enjoy hanging out with Jennifer Garner, Gwenyth Paltrow and Courtney Cox Arquette. They seem to be down to earth mamas, well, minus the strange name choices! Lol
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Cherish every moment with your child(ren), you never know how much time you really have. Always kiss them goodbye and let them know how loved they are.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
I always wanted to either be a teacher or a child psychologist. I'm a stay at home mom, and in a way a teacher of life I suppose.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? Although life isn't always perfect and we don't have everything we may desire I wouldn't want to trade places with anyone. I love my little family and the life we have,
Now answer her question for YOU:
What made you fall in love with your partner? What made me fall in love with df was his compassion, honesty, sense of humor and just him being him. He came into my life a few months after going through the hardest thing I ever had to face and taught me to love again. Jimmy opened my heart and put a smile on my face, while always holding me when I cried and being there for me.