Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question for SAHM's...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM
  • 159 Replies
1 mom liked this
What do you do about buying gifts for you SO's? Like do you ever feel weird that they make all the money and you use that money to buy them a gift? I am a SAHM so I am in no way bashing I am just curious how all of the other SAHM 's feel I mean I do tons at home and very well should be paid but in reality DH brings in all income and sometimes I do feel bad that he is basically buying his own gifts KWIM?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM
3 moms liked this
It's also my money....so no not weird at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayDziedzic
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

OP, I usually end up feeling like you do, regardless of knowing that it's our money.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM
If you are married the money is yours together Imo. You earn the pay for caring for the house and kids Imo. My mom was a SAH and what was my dads was hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM
I get that I feel it is my money too. I use it as I please, but in actuality my DH is the one providing it KWIM?

Quoting christina0607:

It's also my money....so no not weird at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
No. He gets good stuff that he wants so he should just be happy. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Thanks! I'm not saying it isn't OUR money because it is but sometimes I just think really DH is the one providing it..

Quoting KayDziedzic:

OP, I usually end up feeling like you do, regardless of knowing that it's our money.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I know the feeling. I do Swagbucks, which is like a search engine type thing where you can earn points. I use my points on gift cards for amazon or Walmart.com and order gifts that way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1plustwinsmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a friend that would write her check for groceries for $20 over a couple of times a month so that she could stash cash to buy her dh a present. She set it aside for birthdays fathers day etc. He was a banker and watched their account like a hawk. It was the only way to surprise him. He wasn't controlling but it's no surprise when he would see the charge on their account before she could even give him the gift kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM
LOL, yeah no kidding my DH is pretty happy with his gifts because it is things he wants! I don't know why that thought popped in my head but I was just thinking.. Maybe I should do that less often haha

Quoting justinnaimee:

No. He gets good stuff that he wants so he should just be happy. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM
That's a good idea!

Quoting huntersmama711:

I know the feeling. I do Swagbucks, which is like a search engine type thing where you can earn points. I use my points on gift cards for amazon or Walmart.com and order gifts that way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)