Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is there anything Your Dh/So 'forbids' You to do? **EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

Such as, going to a club with a girlfriend, or wearing makeup, clothing he doesn't like, ...etc etc etc..just curious as to what other women's dh's/so's are like, and if they try to 'control' some aspects of their wives.  

**for those who are married, saying "cheating or beinig unfaithful" doesnt' count,   as it is in your vows not to.  You are already forbidden by law of marriage to cheat or be unfaithful. **

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
Shari55
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:17 AM

He doesn't forbid , but he would prefer that I don't wear makeup, cut my hair short (I look to much like my mom,with it short), purchase Starbucks. However he knows I am my own person and so doesn't harp on it.

Since I am allergic to most make up,I don't wear make up, and I don't cut my hair short, cause it drives me nuts being short. As for the Starbucks, well I limit it to once a month.

This could be a what do you forbid your DH/SO from doing.

Shari, wife to bestfriend John (4/88), mom to Heather(1/77),Nyssa(4/89),Michaela (8/94) and four fur babies (cats)

Cyn_
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:18 AM
The word prefer is more suitable, he prefers if I don't cut my hair above my shoulders
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I'm pretty sure he is completely against me having afairs.  Other than that we have certain rules that we agree on to follow.

dababiesdreams
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Dh knows better and when he has tried its on like donkey Kong. Exdh, was super controlling and I took it until I was reminded I was better then that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:22 AM

We have mutual expectations of respectful behavior but nothing is specifically "forbidden" as far as where I go, what I do, what I wear....no. That would be ridiculous.

mommieof1b4g
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM

i lmao at this, my DH just said thats wrong lol

Quoting bchic24:

I dare him to ever FORBID me to do anything lol. We have the general rules of no cheating and stuff like that but I promise if he ever uses that word towards me he will be losing something very important to him and his sex life lol.

emmy526
by Emmy on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:27 AM

LOL

Quoting bchic24:

I dare him to ever FORBID me to do anything lol. We have the general rules of no cheating and stuff like that but I promise if he ever uses that word towards me he will be losing something very important to him and his sex life lol.

artistmom889
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting expectingmom116:

I think your all lying! Lol every man has changed us whether or not we admit it. I can't hang out with my best friend bc its a guy and my SO Thinks he is in love with me

of course relationships change us, but those changes are not always  against our will.

sbreece
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM
He forbids me to date other men or sleep with them. Other than that, nadda.

We don't "forbid" eachother from anything. I don't believe one person having control over another, especially in a marriage, is ever a healthy thing and will not ever have positive results. Yes I've been there with a controlling man. Would never go back. My husband now is amazing. And supportive. IN ALL ASPECT OF OUR MARRIAGE AND LIFE TOGETHER. That's how it should be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof1b4g
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:32 AM

i forbid mine from doing laundry because he does not do it right!! i also prefer he not spend to much time with one of his friends because the friend is single(which isn't really an issue) & i dont like the way he talks about woman, he still acts like a 21yr old. i get along with the friend, & he comes over & sometimes DH will go hang out at his house, but i don't want them going to a bar together. theres no freaking way! & i have deleted some female friends of his from his fb, but only after they gave me good reason, like flirting with him knowing he has a wife & 4 kids.

Quoting Shari55:

He doesn't forbid , but he would prefer that I don't wear makeup, cut my hair short (I look to much like my mom,with it short), purchase Starbucks. However he knows I am my own person and so doesn't harp on it.

Since I am allergic to most make up,I don't wear make up, and I don't cut my hair short, cause it drives me nuts being short. As for the Starbucks, well I limit it to once a month.

This could be a what do you forbid your DH/SO from doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)