Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so many people giving me s*** for...

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:09 AM
  • 238 Replies

not piercing my daughters ears.   I feel I should wait until shes old enough to ask.... I feel weird doing that to her body and causing her pain.  but so many people are like its better to do it while shes young bla bla bla  and shes gonna feel weird when shes the only one that doesn't have it done... bla bla

what you all think??

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
b.futlz
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM
I did my daughters at like 4 months But if you are not ok with it then that's your choice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I'm with you on this one. MIL was adamant that we should pierce dd's ears as a baby. She even bought her earrings. I said NO. We would pierce them when she is old enough to want it. We waited and she asked when she was 5. It didn't really work out then and we had to remove them. She tried again at 10 and they've been in ever since. She is now 12. 

b.futlz
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM
P.s. she is so cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anetrnlov
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Your kid, your choice.

I got mine done when she was a year old, didn't hurt her a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryLu86
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM
How old is she? If she's old enough to pull on her ears it's actually better to wait until she's older imo! I had my daughters done at 3 months old, but at about a year she kept pulling them out. So we just took them out, and had them redone when she was 4 and asked for it..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM
If I had a baby girl I'd wait too. It's your choice, not theirs. She is absolutely beautiful! Those legs made me squeal. Lol. Love chunky baby legs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Im waiting until my dd asks too. Im not going to do something that will.make her scream like a banshee because someone else thinks its cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Adorable!!!!

I didnt get mine done until I was 10. Didnt bother me at all that I had to wait. I only have boys, but if I had a daughter I would not do it as a baby. I remember some of my friends having their ears pierced when they were small like that, and the holes were all torn up from grabbing at them.

armywife0424
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I did my dd after her first shots. Best decision ever. She never noticed them so they healed just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mtnaspen
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:15 AM
My girls dot their ears pierced when they were 6thinking and were one of the first girls in their class to have them done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN