Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so many people giving me s*** for...

Posted by   + Show Post

not piercing my daughters ears.   I feel I should wait until shes old enough to ask.... I feel weird doing that to her body and causing her pain.  but so many people are like its better to do it while shes young bla bla bla  and shes gonna feel weird when shes the only one that doesn't have it done... bla bla

what you all think??

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Replies (231-238):
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:56 PM
No pierced ears on my 5 yr old dd. when she asks for it she can get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M0M0F3B0YS82
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Omg she is sooo cute

If I had a girl I would wait until she asked me and I'm sure she won't be the only girl without ears pierced IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofbrayd473
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:14 PM

my daughter is almost a year and a half and i have still not gotten hers done yet.  i do plan to im just nerves about it i guess.  i think it should be your choice and i know plenty of other people who have little girls and they dont seem like they are planning on doing it until they child gets to decided.

gemikris82
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:17 PM

your daughter is so cute.  and its your choice, she doenst need an ear peircing :)

MamaCarterof5
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I dont understand why people have such an issue with this. I had to be 10 years old before I was permitted to get my ears pierced and I'm asking my little girls to wait until they are 10 as well. 

madwifa
by Robin on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM

She is beautiful and think it is so your final decision but I know for fact that it is less painful doing it as a baby and this is less compications nor do they pull them out. I did my dd and grand baby and will do the others too. But it is your baby and your decision.

erikadi
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:25 PM

It is not weird to wait until she is older. There are plenty of older girls that have their ears pierced. Yes it hurts later on, but after a while it does not hurt anymore.

armywife732010
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Its your choice! I did my daughters young. I felt if she doesnt like it when shes older she can take them out. They dont feel them as much young that why we choice to do it young.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)