Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

WTF is the point?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 11 Replies

My dd has a regents exam today. Only a select few of the 8th graders are taking the Exam.  she has to be in school at 12:00 to eat lunch.she can't go in earlier or later.  Then at around 1:15 the test is suppose to start.  a 4 hour test.  Why not just have them start the test in the morning. why stay till almost 5pm when they could of been done with the test around lunch time.  vent over

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Perhaps other testing is happening in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:24 AM
To give them time to wake up. my ap English teacher refused to offer it first period for that reason. kids never passed because they weren't awake enough to do the work adequately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Quoting epoh:

Perhaps other testing is happening in the morning.

That would of made sense but nope the regents are the last exams.  she took one  this past  tuesday but they kept it a regular day since it was a hands on lab test.  Today is the math and tomorrow is the rest of the science.

smushy79
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Agreed.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Quoting shadow_lark:

To give them time to wake up. my ap English teacher refused to offer it first period for that reason. kids never passed because they weren't awake enough to do the work adequately.

I guess that makes sense.  For my kid first thing in the morning is better but i could see how giving them some time is better for most students.  She's been up since 6:30 anyway obsessing and reviewing.   I'm guessing by law they have to feed them lunch hence the reason they are going in at 12 instead of 1

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Quoting shadow_lark:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.nerds
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I am not sure, but I love your Tardis profile picture :)
JessicaEOH
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Is it an exam taken all over the country?  Could be that they all have to be able to take it at the same time so that no one can go online to make a 'cheat' for it or something?  Are these the last few days of school or is it already summer break for you?

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Quoting i.heart.nerds:

I am not sure, but I love your Tardis profile picture :)

Thanks  I'm a huge whovian  lol

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Quoting JessicaEOH:

Is it an exam taken all over the country?  Could be that they all have to be able to take it at the same time so that no one can go online to make a 'cheat' for it or something?  Are these the last few days of school or is it already summer break for you?

Its not a country wide test.  This paticular test is ny only.  there are other regents around the country  but not the same exact test.  we are in the home stretch of school.  next friday is graduation and then they go back on the 27th for report cards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN