Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: kathislove80

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:40 AM
  • 5 Replies

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom is kathislove80, who frequents the March 2012 Babies group and CafeMom Newcomers Club.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

My defining moment as a mom so far was when my son started fussing at two months old, and I was in the kitchen. I came into the bedroom where he was lying in his bassinet, and he turned to look at me, and his eyes literally lit up. He smiled at me, and my heart melted! To know that someone depends on me for so much is just amazing.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

I hang out in my due date group (March 2012 Babies!) and The Newcomer's Group.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 

Most of my friends that live close to me don't have kids yet, so it's nice to have a place to go to talk to other mommy friends.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

I love to read, spend time with my family, and during the nice weather I love to go to the park or beach.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: The Catcher in the Rye and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn 
Movie: The Royal Tennenbaums
Song: Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Y Control"
Food: Pasta
Place to travel to: I went to Paris as a teenager and I would love to go back with my family someday

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

Gwen Stefani! I have always loved her music (big fan of No Doubt), style and she seems like a great mom.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

Enjoy every second! The dishes can wait, the laundry can wait, but your babies are only young once. Time is flying for me already!

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Caring

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

I wanted to be a librarian. I have always loved books and reading. I have my BA in English. I plan on going back to school to get my MA in Library Sciences so it can become a reality. Right now I'm still on maternity leave, but I work at a computer software company. I set up insurances for doctor's offices. Not the most exciting, but it's a paycheck! All the more incentive for me to go back to school.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

Some Princess in a foreign country so I could be waited on all day :)

Now answer her question for YOU:

What is the best piece of advice you have gotten as a new mom? How about the worst?

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kathislove80
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Bump! :)
25beengoodtome
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

BEST ADVICE:

Hug your child at least once a day. even when they're not  a baby anymore.

~

kathislove80
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:10 PM
True story.

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

BEST ADVICE:

Hug your child at least once a day. even when they're not  a baby anymore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky.mama
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:08 AM

You sound like such an amazing mom and person! you deserve mom of the day everyday and I am so happy to see such joyful confidence and sincere love that you are portraying as a mom.  keep up your amazing work and good luck with obtaining your MA and following your dreams!

savimom628
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Sleep when the baby sleeps!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)