Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Name something you did as a child that you would NOT allow your child to do now

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:32 PM
  • 175 Replies
1 mom liked this

For me, it would have to be letting my child play outside, in the dark, and in the street. Like playing kickball or basketball. Also, riding in the back of a pickup truck.

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AimBre
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM

riding in the back of a pick up truck, for me too. 

Sassy762
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Playing after dark, riding without a seatbelt in the car, There are sooo many things that I don't allow my kids to do that my parents allowed us to do....lol

cklamour
by Cynnsation on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Become a teenage parent, and so far, I have evaded that with my 19-year-old. The way I drilled my daughter I will do it three times more with son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikisazombie
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Well, I grew up in a trailer park. And I remember as young as 5, my mom let me wonder around the whole park, and my brother who is nearly 2 years younger than me. LOL! She'd say "get outside" and make us stay out until lunch/nap time. I have no problem with kids playing outside, but my daughter is nearly 5 now and there is no way I'd let her go out all day and not know where she is. KWIM?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coala
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Play in the street and until dark.  They are allowed to play outside, but only in the morning during the week.  We have a very quiet street.

DamiensMommy1
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Play in the dark, walk the neighborhood, no communication till dark.. stuff like that :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Lissette on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I wouldn't ever let them ride in the back of a pick up truck. I don't let them play outside in this neighborhood at any time of the day. I don't let them go on sleepovers if I don't know the parents. 

Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Run the streets all day, ride without seatbelts, ride in the back of a truck, I'm sure there are many more that I can't think of right now.

http://justamisfittoy.blogspot.com/               

shadenn766
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM

if my kids were still kids...lol...i wouldnt allow them to play with lightening bugs and smear the lighted part on their skin...(yuck ...i know)

Jess821
by Jessica on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Everything that's been mentioned above!
And doing flips. I'd do "maromas". Put your hands and head to the floor and roll forward. I saw my son do it and I was like "you'll break your neck! Don't do that!" lol

I'm sure there's more, though. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)