Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SI joint dysfunction?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:44 AM
  • 8 Replies

I haven't been on here for a little while started having back trouble that hurts so bad I have been in bed ready to cry... went to a walk in clinic first a few months ago they pushed on the area which was in one spot at that time and said yep si joint dsyfunction no tests or anything the pain did subside but is back again and this time all across my lower back and both hips... my husband takes me to er last night cause the pain is so bad and they come in push on it and say yep Si joint dysfunction again no x rays or nothing they did give me steroids for inflammation so today hopefully I will go to my regular doctor who will set up some tests for all I know it may be a fracture or anything.. does anyone else here have SI joint pain? and if so what did they do as far as tests for you ?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamahoney400
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a lot of pain in the si joint and my chiropractor finally discovered that I have a leg length discrepancy. My right leg is shorter than my left. I now wear a lift in my shoe and problem is solved!
wifeofarmyman
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Quoting mamahoney400:

I had a lot of pain in the si joint and my chiropractor finally discovered that I have a leg length discrepancy. My right leg is shorter than my left. I now wear a lift in my shoe and problem is solved!

I think my problem might be that I have bone spurs in both heels and maybe I have been walking with a limp to compensate for the pain in my feet maybe just maybe it through my back outta whack but they haven't done anything for me no tests, no xrays, nothing to make sure it is si joint they just guessed I think in the area the pain was in and gave me steroids and pain medication and I don't like putting medicine in my body unless I know for sure I need it

MommaOfThree789
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM

My SI joints are dislocated from my pregnancy. I will be in PT after the birth of our son! Good luck momma.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM

My DH hurt his SI joint a few years ago. They did an MRI and he ended up getting a steroid injection and go NO relief. He tried all the exercises and pain meds and pain patches but nothing helped. He finally started seeing an acupuncturist and it was like a miracle! Within 3 treatments he was nearly pain free- within 5 he was back in Tae Kwon Do class. He now does maintenance therapy once a month or so and it has been WONDERFUL for him!!

wifeofarmyman
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Quoting SuperPickle:

My DH hurt his SI joint a few years ago. They did an MRI and he ended up getting a steroid injection and go NO relief. He tried all the exercises and pain meds and pain patches but nothing helped. He finally started seeing an acupuncturist and it was like a miracle! Within 3 treatments he was nearly pain free- within 5 he was back in Tae Kwon Do class. He now does maintenance therapy once a month or so and it has been WONDERFUL for him!!

I went back to the doctor yesterday and they said yes its the SI joint on both sides possibly they are setting me up for an x ray, followed by physical therapy to see if it helps they also said I had two infected ears, and a red throat so I am on antibiotics, and had to start taking lisinopril for my blood pressure its been through the roof I had 3 kids but my last two were twins 12 years ago and they say that might have started it having the twins along with bending and working in my garden and flowers this year aggravated it I know its annoying I am glad to hear he is doing good with the acupunture may try that if pt dosen't work!

newmommy426
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I know this posted a while back but can u give me an update of ur si joint pain now?

I have it as well. And from pregnancy. I'm in PT but it's not seeming to work

Quoting MommaOfThree789:

My SI joints are dislocated from my pregnancy. I will be in PT after the birth of our son! Good luck momma.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaOfThree789
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Quoting newmommy426:

I just saw this, sorry. I am doing much better. On the 6th I will be six months PP and much better. What are they making you do in PT?
newmommy426
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Pelvic tilts and some stretching hamstrings excercises along with stretches that stretch the si joints?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)