Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

34 year old marries a 16 year old. . . Well, you guys were right. . .

Posted by   + Show Post

I am the 16 ear old who married a 34 year old, you guys told me in five years to come back and tell how it was going. . . . Well, it has been eleven months since I got married. (07/23/2011) And, as you all guessed, I am getting a divorce. I am still dealing with alot of emotional issues from it all and hopefully I don't get bashed to horribly for this. . . . But, yes my marriage was AWFUL! (In  case any of you are curious) He was extremely contolling and moved me 75 miles away from everyone I knew took away my phone, the home phone, the internet, my keys to the car, m keys to the truck, my money, ect ect and left me in an apartment for days and days on end with 75 dollars worth of groceries to last two weeks feeding three kids and us two adults. It was horrible. . . He constantly accused me of cheatig (which I NEVER did) and put bruises on my body. Here we are two months after I left him and he has moved on and got another woman pregnant, he refuses to help me with getting any of my son's things from his house even though I have no vehicle right now or any money to get up there. . . The bright side of it all is I got my son and myself away fromt hat situation I just got a new job which I start on Monday making $18.00 an hour :) And I will be saving EVERY penny I can to get my baby and I our own place. . . . Anyways you guys told me so and (surprise, surprise) You were right. . . This is us in case you don't remember.

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Replies (201-206):
Tish_Hughes
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM
$18.00/he at 17/18 years old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CourtneyCS
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Sorry you had to learn the hard way but the only way you can go now is up so good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marmi_2_2
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I am making 18/hr as a laborer for a loca mine site I am not hired on for the mine but through a contractor therefore I can legally work there even though I am under the age of 18. But, I can assure you all that  am not trolling.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Glad you got out. 

greenie63
by Nancy on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I do remember. Sometimes you have to experience the situation to understand what people may have been warning you about. I'm sorry he was so abusive momma. A new door is open to you now, remember the pain he put you through and move forward! 

Gods_Girl1979
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

just remember things can be replaced,lives can't

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)