Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am curious what you guys think.  We are trying to get my husband's son in to a doctor while he is here.  My husband's ex has custody and we get him for 4 weeks a year.  Both my husband and I think he looks like he doesn't get fed well.  We do know that they don't eat very healthy at their house.  I am just curious if a doctor would agree with us.  So I am curious if anyone of you have dealt with anything like this or what your thoughts.  If the doctor does say he is not healthy we are going to try and get custody of him.  (There are other reason that we want to get custody of him but this one is major, at least to us.)  

Thank you for any insight you will give. 

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

You have him 4 weeks a year and you're worried about him not being fed well? Where were you the other 48 weeks?

We live in a different state.  This is court ordered visits.

You never see him at all, except for 4 weeks a year, and you want to get custody of him for what reason? You think he isn't being fed well but you aren't even around enough to KNOW what he's being fed. What makes you think you have the right to question his mother - the person who cares for him ALL YEAR LONG - like that?

Look lady you need to back off.  I wanted peoples opinions but to have someone coming down on us.  We have other reasons that we want to get custody of him for and I am not going to go into them.  If we could get him every weekend that would be awesome but there is no way that we could afford to do that since we pay for his flight out here and back home.

pamelax3
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting pamelax3:

I would take him and see what the Dr says... Good Luck..

Does he eat well when he is with you?

thank you.  Yes he eats really well with us. 

Has he put on weight since getting to your house?? Because they may answer your question on his eating patterns..

We weighed him a few days ago.  We haven't weighed him again yet, we will.  We have only had him about a week now.  Don't really notice how thin he is until he doesn't have a shirt on.  Both the kids are in swim lessons and seeing him in his swim trunks was a bit of a shock. 

Poor baby... Go with your gut instinct, it is normaly correct...

randomosityblog
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

You have him 4 weeks a year and you're worried about him not being fed well? Where were you the other 48 weeks?

You never see him at all, except for 4 weeks a year, and you want to get custody of him for what reason? You think he isn't being fed well but you aren't even around enough to KNOW what he's being fed. What makes you think you have the right to question his mother - the person who cares for him ALL YEAR LONG - like that?

Look lady you need to back off.  I wanted peoples opinions but to have someone coming down on us.  We have other reasons that we want to get custody of him for and I am not going to go into them.  If we could get him every weekend that would be awesome but there is no way that we could afford to do that since we pay for his flight out here and back home.

Don't post if you don't want responses.

Sounds like you need to back off from a child you only see 4 weeks out of the year. If you cared THAT much wouldn't you have noticed him being neglected long ago?

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Sounds like you need to back off from a child you only see 4 weeks out of the year. If you cared THAT much wouldn't you have noticed him being neglected long ago?

I do want responses but I don't need to be attacked because I care about my ss.  He looked healthy when we had him last year.  If he looked like he does this year last time we would have been doing all of this last year.

mommyof2wa
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Some children are just naturally thin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

WOW!! What is your problemm... All she is asking for is advice..

randomosityblog
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

And I asked why she thought he wasn't being fed but she didn't have an answer for that. She just wanted to talk about how horrible the mom is, and how she hasn't changed, but her husband was married to the woman. I'm sick of the evil step mom stories.

randomosityblog
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

I do want responses but I don't need to be attacked because I care about my ss.  He looked healthy when we had him last year.  If he looked like he does this year last time we would have been doing all of this last year.

And again, do you have any real reason that you think he's not being fed or is it just because you and your husband don't like his mom? Because that's what it is sounding like to me.

M0M0F3B0YS82
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM
He could be a kid that had a growth spurt between visits and his metabolism is high.. My son was chubby had a growth spurt and now is skinny but eats like a horse but if you feel that concerned then by all means have him looked at
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Quoting randomosityblog:

And I asked why she thought he wasn't being fed but she didn't have an answer for that. She just wanted to talk about how horrible the mom is, and how she hasn't changed, but her husband was married to the woman. I'm sick of the evil step mom stories.

How is she being an evil step mom by caring?? I had not read that she said the mom was horrible, just had not changed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)